Atlantic Constructors is seeking dynamic, motivated, career minded individuals to join our expanding team! Atlantic Constructors has been recognized as an industry leader in the Mid-Atlantic Region for over 50 years.
Position: VRF technician
Primary Purpose: The VRF Technician will be support field trade teams and/or third party contractors and is responsible for the installation, start-up, troubleshooting, commissioning, and servicing of commercial HVACR equipment, systems, and units.
Reports To: Commissioning & Startup Manager
- Investigate, evaluate, and recommend changes and modifications to improve safety
- Maintain inspection, repair, and preventative maintenance records
- Participate in safety inspections, job safety analyses, and safety meetings
- Testing of new equipment / repair equipment to design specifications
- Establishes service by studying system requirements; ordering and gathering components and parts; completing installation; performing acceptance tests.
- Documents service and installation actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
- VRF installation and service experience is required
- BAS/DDC Controls experience is desired
- Basic Electrical background required
- Refrigerant pipe installation ability required
- Ability to read detailed technical documents
- Will work within the commissioning and startup group and will at times be required to function as commissioning and startup technicians for other equipment as necessary.
- Performs other duties as required
Minimum Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in mechanical trade or equivalent combination of vocational training and experience
- Previous supervisory experience in an operational and customer facing role
- Excellent building services knowledge
- Must have good verbal and written skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be able and prepared to travel as required
- Must be able to lift, carry, push or pull objects weighing up to 50 pounds
- Must have a satisfactory driving and criminal record, and pass drug screen
- In-depth knowledge of two or more of the following disciplines: plumbing systems, electrical systems, HVAC Cooling and ducted air systems, general construction practices, generator systems , controls systems
- HS diploma or GED equivalent
- Prior military experience
Atlantic Constructors offers competitive pay and benefits, to include:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid leave
Click to Apply