Founded in 1994, Lafayette Group helps public and private agencies enhance the American qualify of life through innovative technologies, strategic planning, and technical support services. Key areas of work include managing public safety communication programs, development of advanced technology, and outreach to State and municipal agencies. Lafayette Group offers its employees a great working environment with a competitive salary and benefits package.
The Visual Designer will be supporting a fast-paced team and bring clarity and vision to our clients’ stories through innovative strategy, content, and design. The candidate is responsible for designing and developing compelling and engaging graphical assets in the Adobe Creative Suite, PowerPoint and other presentation tools (e.g. Prezi) to support client outreach efforts that communicate complex ideas in a simple and elegant way. Sought is an exceptional visual designer with a solid design foundation reflected in your portfolio and experienced in vector graphics design, image manipulation, creating dynamic presentations, infographics, logos/themes design, and light animations.
A graphic designer at Lafayette Group is involved in a wide spectrum of projects, from traditional graphic design and illustration to interactive design and presentation animation. Our firm is looking for great ideas, commitment to high-level design with strong typography and layout, a passion for storytelling, and a collaborative spirit.
The ideal candidate must possess strong conceptual, design, interactive, and prototyping skills. Candidate should be able to articulate messaging to key stakeholders and cross-functional partners, with clear concepts and pixel-perfect execution.
Mastery of the Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign is required.
Local (DC Metro area) and full-time preferred; telework and part-time also available for immediate start.
- Leverage branding guidelines and ensure all deliverables are on brand while effectively communicating the story through powerful visuals
- Perform graphic design work for an array of materials, including infographics, brochures, flyers, fact-sheets, presentations, website graphics and newsletters to primary stakeholders
- Collaborate seamlessly with government clients, team members, and presenters to produce high quality and effective presentations and deliverables on time in a fast-paced environment
- Understand and be able to extend the visual language for the project, taking into consideration not only how presentation looks but the content required to convey specific messages to a broad range of audiences
- Develop and create solutions for visual communication strategies and execution, including designing and producing marketing collateral and outreach materials within established brand
- Responsible for designing and developing compelling and engaging interactive presentations in PowerPoint and other tools (e.g. Prezi) as determined, ensuring all presentations are delivered in a beautifully designed, consistent, accurate, and impactful yet clear and concise manner
- Demonstrate thorough abilities to interact and utilize effectively written and verbal business communication skills when interacting with clients and firm staff and/or management in a professional services business environment, emphasizing the preparation of clear and concise documentation for clients
- Excellent time-management skills, prioritizing and managing multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment; completing work in a timely, accurate, efficient manner and keep within estimated and budgeted hours
- Design visuals (infographics, presentation graphics, websites, storyboards, video concepts, print ads, digital banners, event graphics and kits, etc.): develop solutions based on project goals; work within a brand platform; and meet quality and timeline expectations
- Coordinate with both internal team and clients to kick off projects: listen, ask questions, and ultimately craft solutions to client’s needs
- Develop visual concepts and themes, engage in rounds of review and revision, and develop iterative drafts leading up to delivery of final artwork
- Present drafts and ideas to team members and clients
- 5+ years of experience with Prezi and Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- 5+ years of experience in PowerPoint presentation design
- Possess strong conceptual skills; high-level sense of design, layout, and typography; a broad thinker who is able to offer a variety of design solutions
- Professional demeanor to effectively engage with, and develop relationships with presenters, a wide variety of clients, and team members
- Ability to deliver high-impact presentations onsite for events and quick turnaround requests
- Stay current on emerging technologies and identify opportunities to incorporate best current thinking into product designs
- Ability to take loose sketch ideas and develop sophisticated and polished designs
- Must be detail-oriented, accurate, and have strong organizational skills
- Must be comfortable working and driving products independently
Note: Please provide 3 or more work samples showcasing graphical capability and ability to synthesize complex issues to be visually displayed clearly and efficiently.
This position involves working on federal contracts that require all workers on the contract to be U.S. Citizens. Additionally, contracts will require the ability to obtain a security clearance and collaborate on client site.