Building Information Modeling (BIM) Technician
Position: Full time
GJ Hopkins is searching for a dynamic BIM Technician to join our Engineer Department. The BIM Technician will be responsible for providing assistance on BIM and Engineering related projects. The position entails the use of REVIT® and/or AutoCAD in the production of shop drawings for commercial and institutional projects, both new construction and renovations.
- Work under direction of design professional and/or BIM & VDC Engineer
- Ensure construction documents accuracy based on discipline BIM Modeling
- Collaborate and Coordinate with other disciplines design-changes and model challenges
- Adhere to BIM Execution Plan and BIM project workflow criteria
- Follow BIM content standards and development procedures
- Content creation: Families such as parametric, formula, nested and type catalogs.
- May take the lead on developing some discipline specific BIM modeling content for project
- Assist Project Manager in the creation of BIM related project RFIs
- High school diploma
- Experience with MEP design and construction
- Eager to support staff with positive attitude, passion and patience.
- Ability to uphold the use of standards and escalate issues in a timely fashion.
- Ability to export model into other formats for collaboration internally and externally
- High level of communication and good writing skills
- Experience with Autodesk products use and support:
- REVIT® MEP
- AutoCAD MEP
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), 100% contributed by company
- 401 (K) with Match
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
Building Legacies for a Thriving Future
We encourage Minorities and Females to Apply. EOE M/F/D/V. VA Cont. Lic., Class A, #2701-029434A.