This position is responsible for performing all phases of tree pruning and trimming in proximity to energized conductors. The Line Clearance Tree Trimmer shall know and understand all safety regulations and command the use of tools and equipment associated with approved tree trimming requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operating boom trucks, loaders, stump chippers, brush chippers, tractors, power saws, trucks, sprayers, and other equipment and tools
- Climbing trees using climbing hooks and belts or climb ladders to gain access to work areas
- Cleaning, sharpening, and lubricating tools and equipment
- Cutting away dead and excess branches from trees or clearing branches around power lines, using climbing equipment or buckets of extended truck booms and/or chainsaws, hooks, handsaws, shears, and clippers.
- Trimming, topping, and reshaping trees to achieve attractive shapes or to remove low-hanging branches
- Pruning, cutting down, fertilizing, and spraying trees as directed by tree surgeons
- Hoisting tools and equipment to tree trimmers and lower branches with ropes or block and tackle
- Operating shredding and chipping equipment and feeding limbs and brush into the machines
- Loading debris and refuse onto trucks and hauling it away for disposal
- Physical ability to travel by foot over rough and/or uneven terrain for long distances.
- Physical capability to lift objects weighing 80 pounds unassisted with frequent lifting and carrying of objects weighing 50 pounds or less unassisted
- Ability to coordinate the movement of arms, legs, and torso together when the whole body is in motion
- Good vision and hearing (either naturally or with correction)
- Physical stamina to travel by foot over long distances and across uneven and rough terrain
- Be able to meet and comply with all safety considerations set herein and required for the position
- Ability to travel/be away from home during normal work week
- Ability to work 10 hours per day, 4 days per week in extreme hot and cold environments after acclimation
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma preferred
- 2 years of verifiable related experience
- Qualified in line clearance tree work to include climbing as define by OSHA.