We are seeking an experienced Superintendent/SSHO for a project in Virginia beach, VA. working on a Navy project at the Naval Station Oceana.
- Coordinate and directs subcontractors
- Apply safety and QC programs
- Complete and submit daily reports
- Inspect work in progress to ensure compliance
- Coordinate/perform layout procedures
- Communicate changes affecting the site to the corporate executive staff
Experience required includes the following:
- Minimum of 5 years Construction Experience as Superintendent and 5 years continuous safety experience in supervising/managing general construction (managing safety programs or processes or conducting hazard analyses and developing controls)
- Completed the OSHA Construction or General Industry 30-hour course within the last 3 years
- Documented 8 hours of safety training each year for the past five years
- Excellent written/oral communication skills
- Computer literate
- Team player and self-starter
- Experience on projects with the Army Corps of Engineers utilizing RMS/QCS
- DOD experience is preferred
- Previous experience as Site Safety and Health Officer (SSHO) on federal projects
The successful candidate should have sufficient work related experience in the construction industry. A BS in Construction Management or related field is preferred, although not required.
We offer a competitive benefit package. Any offer of employment is contingent upon receipt of a satisfactory drug and background screening.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability