Location: Northern Virginia area
Branch Civil is searching for a highly skilled, team-oriented Superintendent to join our well-established, growing company. Jointly responsible with the Project Manager for the overall success of the project. Responsible for meeting schedule, controlling costs, and managing manpower and equipment on assigned project. Provides continuous hands-on field supervision of all construction operations, including subcontractors and other construction related personnel; directing them in the planning, scheduling, and execution of work on time, within budget, and with high standards of workmanship. Attains or exceeds profit goals and promotes workplace safety while meeting or exceeding owner’s expectations. Promotes a positive company image. This position reports directly to the Field Operations Manager.
- Builds project in accordance with all plans and specifications
- In concert with the Project Manager, develops a Grand Plan/Schedule of operation and effectively communicates to all employees
- Effectively utilizes resources, i.e. people, equipment, and materials
- Supervises subcontractors (if applicable) to ensure quality and schedule requirements
- Preplans and communicates project activities. Plans ahead.
- Prior to construction, reviews with Project Manager and submits comments on detail budget, time restraints, cost codes, and purchase control
- Reviews cost status report for accuracy and integrity. Investigates and takes corrective action in areas of indicated or potential overruns. Maintains or improves margin through well-planned and improved operations.
- Establishes a level of quality by which all completed work is measured.
- Responsible for day-to-day quality control of both company-performed / subcontractor work and ensures that work conforms to Contract requirements and company standards. Identifies and corrects non-conforming work expeditiously and competently.
- Is in direct charge of safety and accident/incident control for the project. Understands, communicates and enforces safety policy on project at all times. Models safety conscious behavior for other employees to emulate
- Effectively motivates employees to achieve desired results
- Establishes positive relationships with owners, owner’s reps, architects, and engineers
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Working knowledge of standards, specifications, codes, regulations and laws
- Knowledge of construction techniques
- 8+ years highway/site construction experience
- 3 to 5 years experience in a supervisory position
- Managed highway/site projects up to $50MM.
- DOT experience required
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of OSHA regulations
Extensive travel within the
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), 100% contributed by company
- 401 (K) with Match
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
Building Legacies for a Thriving Future
We encourage Minorities and Females to Apply. EOE M/F/D/V. VA Cont. Lic., Class A, #2701-029434A.