We are currently seeking a Street Light Technician to join our American Lighting and Signalization, LLC team in the Street Light Construction and Maintenance Department.
- Performs work from aerial devices and ladders to install and maintain streetlights and related equipment, also is able to climb wooden poles to perform these duties
- Assists with work from the ground
- Employee will be exposed to hot and cold environments, poisonous plants or reptiles, and stinging insects.
- Clears work area and maintains safe jobsite conditions.
- Will have contact with public and private property owners to communicate work to be performed.
- Participates in company training of all regional safety guidelines and is required to perform all work by the regional safety policies.
- Will work 8-12 hour days, 5 days per week
- Weather permitting this is a minimum 40 hour per week job
- Assists with assembling material on the ground.
- Exposed to traffic and may be required to have training on traffic flagging
- Works around hazardous equipment.
- Works near energized parts or equipment.
- Must use meters and other testing devices on secondary voltages up to 600 Volts.
- All other duties as required or requested by Supervisors.
- Must be able to safely enter and exit the aerial device and rear-end of the bucket and derrick trucks
- Must be able to work with hands above head for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work efficiently and effectively from heights.
- Must be able to meet and maintain weight restrictions for bucket truck as identified by truck manufacturer.
- Must be able to follow directions, work safely & productively
- Must have endurance necessary to perform these duties throughout a standard eight (8) or ten (10) hour day according to the schedule.
- Must be able to work long hours and overtime during holidays, emergencies, weekends, etc. Subject to call out work.
- Must have a valid Driver’s license.
- Current CDL preferred or willingness to receive valid CDL within 90 days of employment
- Must pass a background check and pass a motor vehicle records check.
- Must be able to pass a DOT physical in order to obtain a DOT medical card.
- Due to the inherently dangerous nature of the industry and the requirements to work with or around hazardous equipment, employees must be able to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to wear necessary PPE as required by company policy.
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as a hard hat, work gloves, eye protection, and FR clothing at a minimum when working on the ground.
- In addition to PPE worn while working on the ground, must were PPE such as rubber gloves, leather protectors, and sleeves (when needed) from cradle to cradle while working in the bucket truck.
- Must be able to enter and exit a vehicle numerous times a day.
- Must be able to withstand exposure to all kinds of weather while completing work assignments, i.e., rain, heat, sun, cold
- Must be able to traverse various terrains.
- Must be able to communicate with others.
- Must be able to maintain attention during dangerous tasks.
- Must be able to lift, move and maneuver up to 80 pounds on an occasional basis, and up to 10 pounds on a continuous basis.
- Must have sufficient eyesight to judge distances and coordination to get and use the appropriate equipment and tools.
- Must have transportation to and from the show up location.
- Must be willing to travel out of state for emergency storm work.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Must be able to use hand held electronic devices such as IPADs and GPS
- Must be willing to travel with work load locations
Range of Motion
Hearing - Speech Range
Sense of Touch
Climbing On/Off Truck
Lifting up to 10 lbs
Lifting over 10 lbs to 50 lbs
Lifting up to 50 lbs
Rarely = less than 10%
Occasionally = up to 33%
Frequently = up to 66%
Continuously = 67% to 100%
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without a reasonable accommodation. Individuals with a disability who desire a reasonable accommodation should contact the ADA Coordinator at 1-800-248-8733, ext 1339.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.