ColonialWebb, a Comfort Systems USA company, is looking for an energetic, driven, customer-focused professional with strong technical HVAC/mechanical knowledge who’s looking to take their career to the next level. This unique, fast-paced account management role is a key player in providing superior customer service and support to key service and service project customers by focusing on maintenance contracts and design-build value-added projects. This position spends 50% of the time on servicing existing customers and 50% of time seeking new business opportunities.
ColonialWebb is one of the largest commercial, mechanical, and electrical contractors in the South Atlantic region. We proudly serve clients from local small businesses to Fortune 500 companies. For nearly 50 years, our presence is alive across Virginia, the Carolinas, DC/Maryland, and several surrounding states. We specialize in New Construction, Mechanical Service, Industrial Refrigeration, Special Projects, and Manufacturing.
We continuously seek individuals who want to invest in themselves and their teammates.
1. Support sales and operations for Service Project and Maintenance opportunities. Focus on design-build, more complex opportunities, and opportunities where there is potential for operational and/or energy pay-backs.
2. Perform estimating activities for commercial mechanical service projects (i.e., equipment replacements, retrofits, installations, etc.) and maintenance agreement opportunities.
3. Develop trusting relationships with customers and ensure customers have positive relationships with as many ColonialWebb personnel as possible (make them Raving Fans of ColonialWebb).
4. Be the center of competency for chiller and boiler overhauls and upgrades. Make recommendations to the customer for repair vs. replacement.
5. Be a resource for the customer and help customers with their energy initiatives. Provide customers with new industry trends, capital budgets, and technology and industry news.
6. Lead or assist with asset evaluations and capital budgets for our key/strategic customers.
7. Identify customer objectives and how our services may fit into their needs.
8. Strategize and execute plans to leverage business from existing customers.
9. Make recommendations on quoting projects and service. Ensure the highest quality proposal is delivered to the customer.
10. Manage contracts with key customers: Analyze and make recommendations on modifying and repositioning agreements on renewal processes.
11. Review and become an expert on the scope of work sold to the customer. Review and become an expert on all customer requirements.
12. Assure retention of customers you are assigned with the goal being 100%.
13. Communicate any major account developments that may negatively impact business relationships or may have a financial impact on ColonialWebb with the team.
14. Keep abreast of any customer changes including additional opportunities, changes in procedures, or modifications to contract terms.
15. Provide support to the non-technical “hunters” for complex service project opportunities.
What we’re looking for:
Experience, Education, and Certifications:
• Successful track record of quoting and selling HVAC and mechanical projects (new installations, replacements, and retrofits) and maintenance agreements to commercial customers (owner direct).
• High school diploma or equivalent (Bachelor’s degree is nice to have, but not required).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Strong technical mechanical knowledge (HVAC, plumbing, and refrigeration).
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and phone skills.
• Strong customer service, sales and account management skills.
• Passionate about customer service.
• Demonstrated skills, experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office and CRM systems and the ability to interpret computerized cost data and systems.
• Ability to deal diplomatically and communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
• Ability to work within and take lead (when appropriate) of collaborative teams working toward a customer maintenance solution.
• Ability to handle a dynamic, evolving, and fast-paced workload under deadlines.
• Client management skills; able to manage customer relationships, perceptions and expectations.
• Proficient with planning, scheduling, conducting and coordinating detailed phases of maintenance related activities.
• Possess a valid driver’s license and willing to travel to consult with customers within territory.
• Pass a driving record check, criminal background check, credit check, and drug screen.
Personal and Professional Attributes:
• Focus and orientation for growth.
• Competitive, ambitious, and highly motivated.
• Adaptable, persuasive, passionate, confident and positive.
• Creative, tenacious, quick learning, high energy, and entrepreneurial-focused.
• Initiative; self-motivated (driven), self-starter.
• Strong analysis, problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
• Capable of maintaining a high energy level to handle a dynamic, evolving, and fast-paced workload.
• Professional demeanor and positive attitude.
• Insight; ability to gather and make sense of new information.
Benefits and Perks
• Excellent earnings potential including a competitive salary and commission plan.
• Car allowance
• Opportunities for career growth, training, and development.
• Phone allowance/company phone
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Medical, dental, vision, and Rx drug insurance.
• Life and accidental death insurance.
• Short and Long-Term disability insurance.
• Personal leave, paid holidays, bereavement leave.
• Tuition reimbursement.
• Employee referral incentives.
• Scholarship program for employees’ children.
• Discounts at major cell phone and auto companies.
Ready to join the team:
Employment applications are accepted online at EOE M/W/Disability/Vets