At Strategic Analysis, Inc., we recognize that success is a direct result of a happy, talented and results-driven team. We believe in creating an environment that gives everyone the opportunity to grow professionally and foster a career path that builds on strengths and talents through training, education, and leadership. SA is looking for highly motivated, talented individuals to join our team. If you are looking for a career opportunity, and have the required background and experience for any of our current opening, apply today. We look forward to speaking with you. If you are a new applicant, please search and select from Current Openings to apply. If you are a returning applicant, please Log in and apply to additional positions! SA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. SA participates in E-Verify.
Strategic Analysis is seeking a Senior Policy Analyst with experience in research and development contracting; operating in a dynamic and highly demanding customer environment; quickly reviewing, assessing, and communicating impacts of acquisition/contracting policy documents; and authoring policy guidance for acquisition workforce professionals.
The Senior Policy Analyst will provide advice to the SES-Level Head of Contracting Activity (HCA), Senior Procurement executive (SPE), and Senior Services Manager (SSM) on procurement operations to ensure compliance with Federal statues, the FAR, and the DFARS.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in any of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods or organization and management is preferred.
- A Certified Professional Contracts Manager (CPCM) is highly desirable.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Eight (8) years of business experience including advanced contract and technical knowledge in the following areas:
- Developing and implementing policy for R&D and services contracting.
- Acting as a principal lead on analytical, consulting, or assessment processes in support of technical, business and administrative goals of a program.
- Providing acquisition/contracting course instruction and authoring policy guidance for acquisition workforce professionals.
- Reviewing, assessing, and writing reports on impacts of legislation, GAO decisions, Court of Federal Claims case law and other acquisition/contracting policy documents.
- Experience with procurement contracts, grants, cooperative agreements, and Other Transactions.
Active DoD Secret Clearance is required.
- Review and provide analysis of policy written by the Director of Defense Procurement and Acquisition Policy (DPAP), Undersecretary of Defense for Acquisition, Technology, and Logistics (AT&L), Office of Management and Budget (OMB), and Office of Federal Procurement Policy (OFPP).
- Research implications of published policies and advise on the impact such policies.
- Develop material for training conferences/summits and conduct acquisition workshops and training sessions.
- Assist with developing and implementing standardized templates and guides.
- Assist with all external audits to include the DoD Inspector General (IG), DPAP Procurement Management Review (PMR), and Small Business Administration (SBA).
- Schedule and conduct post-award solicitation and contract reviews and report on trends or shortfalls.
- Assist with internal PMR and Special Interest Reviews.
- Assist with preparing the annual Inventory of Contracts for Services for submission to Congress, as well as preparing responses to the Government Accountability Office, DoD Inspector General and external agency (e.g., SBA) audit reports.
- Provide advice on procurement cost and/or pricing issues.
- Assist and provide advice to the Government Contracting Officer in the development of acquisition-related documents (e.g., Request for Proposals, Source Selection Plans, Acquisition Plans, etc.).
- Provide advice on FAR Part 35 and the Scientific Review Process.
- Medical & Prescription Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account Program
- Health Savings Account
- Long & Short Term Disability
- Lift Insurance
- Gold's Gym Corporate Membership
- Sick Leave
- Annual Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement