We are currently seeking a Spray Technician to join our team.
Summary Under direction of the Field Supervisor, the purpose of the position is to operate spray equipment and machinery in the application of various pesticides. Inspect, locate, and identify any pests, to determine and implement appropriate eradication and control measures by performing the following duties.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Operates light to heavy vehicles, tools and equipment in the application of various pesticides and lawn care functions, e.g. truck, sprayers, tractors.
- Applies pesticides as needed in accordance with prescribed use and within accepted industry practices, and rules and requirements of various Federal, State, and local regulatory agencies.
- Prepares and mixes chemical agents used in the trade; prepares work area prior to beginning job and cleans area after completion of job.
- Ensures the safe and appropriate use of various chemicals agents and substances, mixing such according to label instruction and product specifications, and using in accordance with prescribed safety precautions and directions.
- Attendance Requirements are 40 hours per week.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Must have analytical skills and be able to synthesize complex or diverse information.
- Must have problem solving skills and be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner. Gather and analyze information skillfully, develop alternative solutions and work well in group problem solving situations.
- Must follow Company policies and procedures and support the Company’s goals and values.
- Must be consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions, keeps commitments. Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Must have one year of experience in horticultural spraying on commercial and/or residential properties.
- Must have a demonstrated working knowledge of horticultural chemicals and spraying techniques.
- Must have a basic knowledge of industry players and may have personal/business contacts in landscaping industry.
- Must possess knowledge of National or State based spraying regulations.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Oklahoma State Pesticide Applicator license.
- Due to the inherently dangerous nature of the industry and the requirements to work with or around hazardous equipment, employees must be able to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to wear PPE as necessary.
- Must be able to enter and exit a vehicle numerous times a day.
- Must be able to withstand exposure to all kinds of weather while completing work assignments, i.e., rain, heat, sun, cold.
- Must be able to traverse various terrains.
- Must be able to write, read and comprehend written and verbal job instructions/information.
- Must be able to communicate with others.
- Must be able to lift, move and maneuver up to 50 pounds on an infrequent basis, and up to 10 pounds on a frequent basis.
- Must have sufficient eyesight to judge distances and coordination to get and use the appropriate equipment and tools.
- Must be able to operate and service all required tools and equipment.
- Must have transportation to and from the show up location.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Works around hazardous equipment with moving mechanical parts.
- Works outside in all weather conditions, including cold, heat, temperature swings.
- Works around excessive noise from machines, requiring hearing protection.
- Works in corridors with uneven terrain.
- May be exposed to nature, i.e. irritating plants and biting or stinging insects.
- May be exposed to fumes/odors, dust/mites, chemical and/or waste hazards.
- May be exposed to dogs and other animals.
Rarely = less than 10%
Occasionally = up to 33%
Frequently = up to 66%
Continuously = 67% to 100%
Range of Motion
Hearing – Speech Range
Sense of Touch
Climbing On/Off Truck
Lifting Up to 10 lbs.
Lifting Over 10 lbs. to 50 lbs.
Lifting Up to 50 lbs.
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without a reasonable accommodation. Individuals with a disability who desire a reasonable accommodation should contact the ADA Coordinator at 1-800-248-8733, ext. 1339.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.