Smoot Lumber company was originally established in 1822 out of Alexandria, Virginia. Smoot Building Solutions has expanded with locations in both DC and Paradise, Pa. Combining our long history in the industry with current technological innovations we are able to provide an enhanced experience for our customers no others can match. Smoot offers one of the most extensive collections of in-stock mouldings in the marketplace in addition to the building materials our customers expect and professional services they rely on.
Our employees are the cornerstone of our success and paramount to our future. Our organization is fast-paced to meet the demands of our customers, while also being fun and rewarding with opportunities for growth. We believe that in an environment where our associates are empowered to service the customer, we all win.
Smoot Building Solutions team is Customer Focused, Associate Driven.
The Showroom Sales Professional will work towards generating and securing new sales of showroom products, increasing the profitability of the company. This position will also service existing showroom accounts.
1. Promotes, sells and secures new accounts for the company in the showroom product line.
2. Facilitate product selection of showroom customers. Use proper forms to assure consistent records of selections.
3. Services existing accounts with necessary showroom products, time and information.
4. Assists with the selection of products best suited to customer needs.
5. Prepares, coordinates and communicates price quotations, terms of sales, delivery dates and service obligations to customers/contractors.
6. Resolves customer complaints and problems.
7. Continuously offering customers Smoot/Stock Building Supply’s full product line and services, marketing full-package selling.
8. Assists in the collection of accounts receivable.
9. Prepares and inputs orders as necessary.
10. Informs company of competitive prices, products and market-related information.
11. Researches and orders special products as necessary.
12. Estimates materials from blue prints supplied by customer/contractor.
13. Adheres to Conflict of Interest or Non-Compete agreement, if in place.
14. Other duties as assigned by location management.
1. Minimum education required—High School diploma or G.E.D.
2. Minimum experience required—3 years of sales experience in building materials or related industry.
3. Special skills required—Working knowledge of building materials, industry and products. Ability to negotiate prices and contractual agreements.
4. Special knowledge required—Able to estimate from blueprints, use a calculator and computer.
5. Other—Ability to lift 50 lbs. on a random basis and work in extreme weather conditions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate. Stock Building Supply and it's subsidiaries does not discriminate in practices or employment opportunities on the basis of an individual's race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other proscribed category set forth in federal or state regulations.