Damuth Trane (Voted as one of the Best Places to Work in Virginia for 2018) is seeking a Shop Technician for our office in Chesapeake, Virginia.
**Damuth Trane has provided comfort solutions for commercial, industrial, educational, government, and healthcare facilities since 1970. As the local Trane franchise, Damuth Trane represents a full line of HVAC equipment, service, controls and parts. Damuth Trane has been honored as one of the Best Places to Work in Virginia for eight consecutive years; 2011 through 2018.
Normal Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday-Friday
Job Type: Full-Time
EOE/AA, Drug Free Workplace
Responsible for supporting the service operations team by maintaining the tool rooms in a safe and clean environment. Shop Tech will maintain and repair tools and equipment, manage recycling/recovering process and arrange for disposal of controlled materials/HAZMAT (refrigerant, oil, cleaners, etc.) in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations. He/She will load and unload equipment and supplies, and deliver parts, tools and equipment to field technicians at all job site locations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties as may be assigned.
- Maintain inventory of shop-controlled tools, equipment, and parts
- Ensure all shop tools and equipment are properly tagged/numbered
- Monitor and control check-out of tools and equipment
- Maintain shop equipment and service tools by repairing, replacing, or having tools repaired, as necessary (pressure washers, tube punching machines, recovery machines, etc.)
- Prepare and inventory vehicles for service technicians as needed (vehicle transfers, spare vehicles, new associates, etc.)
- Ensure all technician and tool room equipment is inspected/serviced/calibrated before expiration dates (chain falls, chains, gantries, combustion analyzers, etc.)
- Maintain library of operating manuals for service tools and equipment
- Maintain the Tool Rooms and Service Cage in accordance with OSHA Safety standards for storage of gases, HAZMAT, etc.
- Load and unload equipment and supplies
- Deliver parts, tools, and equipment to field technicians at job site
- Support Field Technicians by assisting on jobs as needed
Shipping & Receiving:
- Responsible for organization and cleanliness of warehouse
- Operate forklift and hand-truck
- Responsible for shipping and receiving parts, equipment, and supplies; distribute to recipient if necessary
- Unload and organize equipment, parts, and supplies
- Package and prepare items for shipping
- Label material to be stored according to procedures. Provide packing list to team point-of-contact.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of one year of job-related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience Ability to read and comprehend equipment manuals, Safety Data Sheets, and other correspondence
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite – Outlook, Word, Excel
- Experience with operating a hand truck and pallet jack
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to communicate with others both written and orally
Certifications and Licenses:
- Universal EPA Certification
- Valid Driver’s License with good driving record
- Certified forklift operator
- Hazmat Certification
- Ability to obtain secure access to Government entities
- Ability to pass drug screening
- Ability to pass formal background check
- Ability to prove U.S. Employment eligibility
- Willing to travel locally as required
- Use safe work practices in the office and promote safe practices in the field
- Complete required safety training on time
- Proper PPE must be used at all times when required
- Notify Team Leader or Safety Leader of any unsafe conditions
- Comply with all customer safety requirements during jobsite visits
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position works in a typical office, warehouse environment or in a vehicle
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands and fingers to handle or feel, and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and climb ladders.
- The associate is occasionally required to sit.
- The associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
How to Apply
Go to the following website and apply online:
Please note that applications and resumes are accepted online only. If you do not have access to the internet, you may use the online resources at our main office. Please call Human Resources at (757) 558-0200 in advance to schedule an appointment to apply.
Damuth Trane is an at-will employer; employed associates and Damuth Trane are free to end the employment relationship at any time, with or without notice or cause.
EOE/AA, Drug Free Workplace
The Company is an equal opportunity employer as well as a government contractor that shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a), which prohibits discrimination against qualified protected Veterans and the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(A), which prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance (Company Paid)
- Paid Time Off (Sick and Vacation Time)
- Short and Long Term Disability (Company Paid)
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Jury Duty Pay
- Bereavement Leave
- 401(k) and Profit Sharing Plan
- ...and more!