Description: Colonna's Shipyard is looking for an experienced Shipfitter Lead Mechanic Supervisor to start immediately.
• Manage, supervise, and direct the day-to-day efforts of welders assigned to various projects.
• 75-80% of the time will be spent aboard ship or in the plate shop supervising staff.
• Ensure that all work done on the vessel and in-house is completed on time, on budget, and to the contract quality standards.
• Perform visual inspections of tack welds and fit ups.
• Keep track of budgets and spending for their assigned jobs.
• Manpower scheduling and maintenance, to include controlling overtime hours.
• Hold the employees accountable for the established goals and check their progress to those goals on a frequent basis.
• Assist in training helpers and lower skilled mechanics.
• Keep track of and minimize material costs, to include, rentals, storeroom issues, subcontractors, and job materials.
• Evaluate the necessity and progress of subcontractors and temporary employees.
• Promote and confirm that all employees and subcontractors are in compliance with the safety requirements, to include the necessary use of PPE.
• Document completion and control, to include Progress Sheets, discipline, timesheets, charge numbers.
• Become familiar with all work related documents such as drawings, manuals, and bid specifications.
• Set up and maintenance on equipment.
• Minimum of 7 years of career experience in marine shipfitting with 3 or more in a supervisory capacity.
• Work history should include expertise in Navy ship repair.
• Capable of adjusting to various ship projects to include Military Sealift Command, USCGC, NAVY, and commercial work.
• Must be able to multi-task and manage multiple projects.
• Understand and interpret MIL-STD and contract specifications.
• Expertise in techniques, tools, and equipment.
• Comprehends blueprints, sketches, and templates.
• Strong communication skills both orally and verbally.
• Must have reliable attendance and safe work practices.