Atlantic Constructors is seeking dynamic, motivated, career minded individuals to join our expanding team! Atlantic Constructors has been recognized as an industry leader in the Mid-Atlantic Region for over 50 years.
Job Title: Sheet Metal Layout and Fabricator
Reports to: Sheet Metal Shop Supervisor
The Sheet Metal Layout and Fabricator is responsible for precision prototype projects, typical tolerances for layout, forming, and fabricating.
- Experience with different types and grades of sheet metal, plate, bar and rod stocks with different tolerances and specifications
- Set up and operate a wide variety of sheet metal working machine tools such as: punch presses, power and hand rollers, power and hand brakes, lasers, power notchers, hand notchers, shears, drill presses, riveters, related hand operated equipment, NC/CNC/MDI Machines, and other similar sheet metal working machine or hand tools.
- Set up parts in equipment using appropriate tools and devices for forming, bending, blanking, rolling, extruding, drawing and similar operations.
- Read and work to the indicated accuracy, specifications and tolerances as detailed on engineering drawings, machine assembly prints, machine construction prints, blueprints, sketches, equipment manuals and vendor diagrams.
- Perform and make complex layouts using triangulations, radial and parallel line development, using calculations, squares, sine bars, tapes, height gages, rules, centers, dividers, punches, trammels, compasses, and other similar tools required for the construction of complex layouts for a wide variety of types and grades of material.
- Knows and applies principles of welding and welding processes, to insure that the correct fabrication techniques are used on welded assemblies and weldments.
- Perform assembly operations of fabricated parts and equipment, using bolt, screws, sheet metal screws, fasteners, rivets, and a wide variety of hand and power equipment required to complete the assembly operation.
- Knows and uses safe work methods when performing the job requirements so as to avoid personal injury, injury to co-workers or damage to ACI property
- Other duties as required
Supervisory Responsibility (Direct Reports Y/N)
- 3-5 years of experience with sheet metal layout and fabrication and/or equivalent combination of vocational training and /or experience
- Ability to work overtime, nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Work with both U.S. customary and IS (metric) systems of measurement.
- Perform mathematical calculations including trigonometry to determine dimensions, locations, angles, sizes and shapes, layout and tonnage requirements. - Work from both written and verbal instructions.
- Good technical writing and verbal communication skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Time management skills and organizational skills
- Ability to meet critical deadlines\Function effectively as part of a team.
- A four-year apprenticeship certification from a Fabrication and Layout program OR a two-year technical degree in a Fabrication and Layout field
- Auto-CAD and Vulcan experience
- Design and build custom tooling to perform forming, blanking, and shaping operations on sheet stock
- MIG and TIG
- Ability to operate forklift
- Prior military experience
- HS diploma or GED equivalent
May require infrequent travel
Atlantic Constructors offers competitive pay and benefits, to include:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid leave
Click to Apply