As a result of our continued growth Engineered Services Inc. is seeking candidates to join our team as a BAS Service Technician. Founded in 1972, and headquartered in Sterling, VA, ESI has grown to specialize in the more exacting varieties of Building Automation Systems & Services such as digital facility automation, access control, systems integration, graphical user interfaces, design-build projects and much more. ESI is a privately owned and operated business with over 70 employees servicing the Washington DC, Southern Virginia and Tidewater Virginia regions.
The Service Technician will support our currently installed Building Automation systems located throughout the Metro Washington DC area. The Service Technician will be required to communicate with customers and service, integrate, test, maintain and manage HVAC, lighting and security systems and components. Typical systems are Delta Controls and Schneider Electric Andover Controls and StruxureWare product lines. Typical devices consist of DDC controllers, relays, transducers, sensors, actuators, power supplies, safety circuits, etc. Service Technicians are expected to respond to service calls, install small projects and maintain existing systems.
- Health and Medical Insurance
- Dental and Vision Coverage
- Long Term Disability
- Education and Tuition Assistance
- Company computer and cell phone
- Vacation/PTO/Sick Leave
- Uniform service
- Company Vehicle
- Maintenance and service of Building Automation Systems.
- Performing diagnostics, troubleshooting, and recommend and/or carry out corrective measures.
- Perform periodic maintenance and calibration on system components.
- Providing emergency support service to customers as required.
- Providing regular feedback to service dispatcher, programmer and service manager.
- Completing administrative duties & documentation, including: Service tickets, updating customers, etc.
- Exhibiting and enforcing safety procedures in the field or customer sites.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Electrical troubleshooting skills
- Mechanical troubleshooting and repair skills
- Knowledge of HVAC Building Automation Systems
- General mechanical aptitude
- Computer software skills – Windows, internet, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Clear, precise written communicator
- Creativity in solving technical problems
- Ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Good time management skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks
- Punctual and reliable
- Technician must provide own standard set of tools – specific tools to be provided.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent with technical electrical coursework
Additional Skills and Experience (Mid-Level and Senior Technicians):
- Journeyman or Master in Electrical and/or HVAC
- 4 Plus years working with HVAC controls and Building Automation Systems
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field