InnovaSystems develops innovative software applications for the government and commercial markets.
We empower our team members to do the best work of their career with challenging assignments that solve real-world problems in an agile team environment, while providing comprehensive leadership training and career growth.
Flexible work scheduling, leadership development, employee recognition and organized fitness programs are just some of the reasons why talented IT & Software professionals choose to work at InnovaSystems!
InnovaSystems has a need for an experienced System Engineer to work on its Defense Readiness Reporting System project at the Mark Center in Alexandria, VA. This individual will support analysis efforts and be responsible for the development, assessment, and evaluation of various network architectures.
The ideal candidate will be a recognized expert that has demonstrated industry and public service leadership in Systems Engineering and, experience supporting Defense Readiness Reporting applications.
Due to the nature of our business, candidates MUST possess an active Secret Clearance with SSBI and a clean driving record.
- Provide project and network architecture analysis and support
- Responsible for the planning and engineering of an organization's systems infrastructure including the implementation and design of hardware and software.
- Monitors the performance of systems.
- Effectively communicate with colleagues of all levels & rank as well as customers
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Required skills & experience
- Must have a current SECRET security clearance,
- Must have and maintain a valid state driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record as light travel may be required.
- Strong experience supporting & managing Microsoft Server 2008/12/16 or above
- Previous experience with Internet Information Services (IIS) is required.
- Cyber Security Work Force (CSWF) compliant
- Experience with Powershell Scripting
- Knowledge of Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG), Host Based Security System (HBSS), and, Assured Compliance Assessment Compliance (ACAS)
- Must have excellent communication skills and be comfortable addressing audiences ranging from peers to senior government officials
- Candidate must be able to integrate and collaborate effectively in a small team environment to achieve team goals.
- Experience specific to supporting and updating Readiness Reporting applications will be considered a plus.
- Full Cybersecurity Workforce Qualification is a plus.
- Experience working with relational databases and query writing helpful (MS SQL Server 2008 or above a plus)
Benefits & Culture
- Flexible schedule
- Technical and Leadership Training
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 3 weeks (120 hours) of paid leave annually - hours increase after 3 years of service
- 401k Plan w/ 5% match
- Comprehensive benefit package to include health, dental, vision and supplemental insurance plans
Varies depending on location:
- Onsite Gym/Workout Facilities
- Social Events
- Contributes to community organizations; Challenged Athletes Foundation (CAF), Support the Enlisted Program (STEP), Salvation Army, Wes’ Wish Toy Drive