Branch & Associates, Inc. is searching for a highly skilled, team-oriented, salaried Senior Superintendent with at least 10 years of commercial construction experience to join our well-established and growing company. This position works closely with all members of the project team to ensure success of the project.
Our Senior Superintendents work in partnership with the project manager to deliver a quality project in a timely fashion. As such, they will be responsible for the following:
- Directing project construction in accordance with the project documents (plans, specifications, submittals, etc.).
- Coordinate jobsite logistics and develop relationships with adjacent project neighbors.
- Direct day to day coordination of subcontractor scopes of work utilizing scope review meetings, preparatory meetings, and subcontractor meetings to ensure consistent effective communication, high quality workmanship, and completion on schedule.
- Coordinate and lead permitting and inspection efforts with code officials to achieve scheduled project occupancy and ensure the work is code compliant.
- Mentor, train, and manage Superintendents, Assistant Superintendents, Project Engineers, Foreman, and Interns.
- Represent Branch & Associates as the primary daily point of contact with Owners, Design Teams, and Subcontractors to develop relationships based upon a fair, reasonable, and trustworthy approach to the project.
- Provide leadership and guidance to subcontractors to develop functional project teams which proactively identify and resolve challenges arising during construction.
- Participate in project schedule development, create 3 Week Look Ahead Schedules, and lead the implementation of LEAN processes to plan, coordinate, communicate, and manage daily work toward project completion. Ability to maintain project schedule updates throughout a project.
- Maintain daily project communication and document daily work activity including managing both SWPP and LEAD requirements.
- Develop plans and document work relative to construction changes.
- Responsible for project safety, providing safety orientations/demonstrations, conducting Superintendents Safety Inspections, and leading project safety by example with a coaching approach toward ensuring worker safety with an objective of an injury free environment.
- Participate in preconstruction project efforts such as constructability reviews, schedule development, pricing and scope reviews.
- Teach classes and construction concepts to Superintendents, Assistant Superintendents, and Project Engineers.
- Excellent listening and communication skills.
- Ability to identify and resolve complex problems.
- Participation and leadership in a team environment.
- OSHA 30 Certification.
- Computer and Ipad skills with Microsoft Office, Project Management Software (Procore, Prolog, etc.), Bluebeam, and scheduling software.
- 10+ years of experience as a construction superintendent.
- K-12/Higher Education.
- Bachelor’s Degree a plus but is not required.
- Fair and reasonable proactive approach with a strong work ethic and a positive can-do attitude.
Extensive travel within the Northern Virginia Region
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), 100% contributed by the company
- 401 (K) with Match
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
Branch & Associates is an advocate for our projects defined by strong core values: Relationships, Exceptionalism, Accountability, Enjoyment. We are a flat company with a family atmosphere looking for the right people passionate about doing the right things. We encourage interested candidates to review our website to better understand our commitment to schedule and quality for our projects.
Building Legacies for a Thriving Future
We encourage Minorities and Females to Apply. EOE M/F/D/V. VA Cont. Lic., Class A, #2701-029434A.