eVigilant is an established leader in providing innovative, cost-effective, IT and security solutions to our clients. Founded in 1999, we have helped hundreds of organizations secure their facilities and IT systems using cost-effective solutions that meet our client’s needs. eVigilant has been recognized as one of the fastest growing “Inc. 500” list of companies in America and has experienced 200% growth over the last 3 years mainly due to our commitment to quality and service. Much of our business stems from repeat customers who value our commitment to meeting their specific needs and delivering on our promises.
We are currently seeking a Senior Security Systems Installation Technician to join our team.
Security Systems Installation Technicians Job Description:
- Performs scheduled, routine preventive maintenance on a variety of equipment/systems under contract agreement by inspecting, adjusting, cleaning, and calibrating systems and checking out equipment to ensure it's in satisfactory working order.
- Completes work assignments, within assigned hours, in a manner that reduces emergency calls and results in achieving the goal of zero call backs.
- Assists with the start-up of new equipment or system installation and makes adjustments as needed to ensure the system is operational.
- Installing low voltage security systems in a new construction environment:
- Terminating and installing end devices such as card, badge readers, motion detector, Glass breakers, mag locks, cameras, focusing camera lenses, etc.
- Testing /troubleshooting networking issues
- Programming access control and CCTV systems
- May plan schedules, lay out basic electrical equipment installations, and assist in the start-up and check-out of new system installations.
- Presents a professional image both in personal and vehicle appearance.
- Promotes, builds, and maintains good customer relations and assists with contract retention.
- Keeps abreast of changes and new developments in products and technology. Attends and completes training programs as requested.
- Active TOP SECRET or SECRET Clearance preferred but not necessary
- 7 or more years’ experience installing and/or servicing intrusion, access control, and CCTV security systems.
- Certification in at least Access Control System ( Lenel, S2, Emerge, AMAG, GE, Software house, DMP or Galaxy)
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Vocational/Technical Degree in electrical, security, or computer systems preferred
- CCTV experience highly preferred ( American Dynamics, AMAG, Pelco, Panasonic, Bosch, Nice)
- Climb ladders that extend up to 24 ft. in height
- Carry items up to 75 pounds
- Ability to work on-call covering after hours & weekend emergency calls
- A valid state driver’s license, without restrictions is required
- Required to pass drug testing
- Required to pass background check
- Other duties as assigned