Timmons Group is seeking an experienced Senior GIS Analyst in a variety of locations.
The GIS Analyst is responsible for performing a wide variety of production tasks for Geospatial projects and data management. They assist and support Project Managers and Developers in meeting project deliverable requirements and deadlines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES include but are not limited to the following:
- Use various GIS software (ESRI ArcGIS and Extensions), as well as various geographic data formats and standard data conversion and transformation methods, for geographic analysis.
- Perform data model design and development tasks.
- Develop Geographic Databases through use of GIS/GPS and advanced technologies for specialized purposes.
- Update Geospatial data on an as-needed basis.
- Create maps (using large-format plotters), reports, and presentations in support of various GIS and technology projects.
- Understanding and implementing ESRI versions and versioning schemes.
- Writing end user documentation as necessary.
- Working cooperatively with Project Managers and peers to complete assigned work.
- Provide on-going support for GIS programs and functions requiring programming and analysis.
- Troubleshoot problems associated with existing GIS applications, tools and data.
- Provide process oriented approach to project work.
SKILLS/REQUIREMENTS a successful candidate should have the following but not limited to:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from four-year college in GIS, Surveying, Engineering, Geography, Information Systems or related degree, and at least five years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with ESRI ArcGIS Software (Desktop and Extensions, ArcGIS Server);
- Understanding of technologies and how to produce ArcGIS data services, manage caching, and provide additional support on customer GIS data or services;
- Knowledge of ESRI Production Mapping suite of tools, including Data Review, Workflow Manager, Task Assistant Manager;
- Experience in process automation utilizing Python. Model Builder, and other Geoprocessing techniques;
- Experience in ArcGIS software and hardware installation/configuration;
- Knowledge of Location and Navigation Systems to integrate GPS devices and data with enterprise GIS;
- Knowledge of GIS System Architecture to maintain and support enterprise GIS infrastructure;
- Technical expertise obtaining, manipulating, and organizing data as well as defining, planning, and implementing analysis and processes;
- Ability to consult clients in best practices for data management including workflows, tools, governance models, and integration patterns;
- Ability to work independently as well as part of team with excellent time management skills to ensure deadlines are met;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Require minimal direction in daily operation and problem resolution; and
- Strong active listening, feedback and problem solving skills.
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are looking for high energy, creative, flexible, patient, self-starters who are willing to work at a dynamic pace. Candidates must share a commitment to our company’s Vision, Mission, and Shared Values.
Timmons Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.