Branch & Associates is searching for a collaborative and driven Senior Estimator to join our well-established, growing company. The Senior Estimator must exhibit a thorough working knowledge of wood frame and concrete multi-family and commercial construction as related to all disciplines and phases of construction.
- Performing quantity take-offs, pricing, scoping and bidding of construction projects.
- Soliciting and developing relationships with subcontractors and suppliers.
- Pricing subcontractor, supplier and self-performed scopes of work.
- Assessing site exposures/construction risks to appropriately analyze, cost and reflect these in an estimate.
- Assisting in material selection, bid strategy, and estimate presentation.
- Identifying constructability issues through the estimating process.
- Identifying value-engineering alternatives.
- Leading the project team through the estimating process on select projects.
- Executing accurate, detailed and complete conceptual, preliminary contract and final estimates.
- Producing accurate estimates from conceptual and schematic drawings.
- Producing detailed final contract estimates.
- Reviewing estimates with project managers, superintendents and other estimators.
- Tracking and documenting historical data for future use.
- Leading a collaborative and timely subcontract buyout and negotiation phase
- Ensuring, directly or though support, the development of comprehensive and concise subcontract scopes of work and terms and conditions
- Conducts post-bid investigation on lost projects to ascertain reasons for losing (i.e. subcontract awards from low bidder differing from our apparent low subcontractors)
- Bachelor’s degree in building science, construction management or engineering, preferred; or equivalent experience.
- 10 years of industry experience in various types and phases of new construction and rehabilitation, including concrete, masonry, steel, wood frame, MEP systems exterior and interior finishes.
- Self-motivated, self-starter, who demonstrates the ability to manage time effectively.
- Life-long learner looking to grow your knowledge and skills.
- Ability to work with Owners, Architects, Subcontractors, Suppliers, and Branch Project Managers and Superintendents.
- Highly organized, efficient, detail oriented and accurate.
- Strong leadership, communication and people skills.
- Strong computer skills in Excel, Project, Outlook, Word, Databases and estimating programs.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings.
- Ability to communicate technical information in writing.
- Capable of synthesizing cost data from a wide range of sources into a conceptual estimate.
- Ability to anticipate and account for potential quality, safety, productivity and schedule implications in the production of the estimate.
- Understand and embrace Branch’s core purpose and values
- Believe passionately in the strength of highly effective teams.
- 10 years of experience in the construction industry, with a minimum of five years field experience, preferred.
This position will potentially supervise 3 employees.
Travel is estimated at approximately 20%.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), 100% contributed by company.
- 401 (K) with Match
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
Building Legacies for a Thriving Future
We encourage Minorities and Females to Apply. EOE M/F/D/V. VA Cont. Lic., Class A, #2701-029434A.