Position: Full time
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Branch Group is searching for a hard-working, diligent Safety Representative to join our well-established, growing company. The Representative will be responsible for encouraging and facilitating Branch Group’s safety program. This position promotes safe practices and enforces safety guidelines at the job sites. The Representative will be assigned to a large project or geographic area and will report to the Corporate Safety Manager.
- Effectively communicate and present the company safety program to increase the safety awareness of all employees and subcontractors.
- Enforce safety policies and procedures under the direction of the project team.
- Attend, audit and participate in project safety meetings acting as a resource for information and providing advice on the effective delivery of safety meetings.
- Conduct frequent electronic inspections of projects ensuring safety compliance of all employees and subcontractors.
- Identify, document, and recommend resolution of hazardous / potential hazardous situations to project supervision and the Director of Safety & Risk. When circumstances warrant, work with jobsite supervision to immediately correct safety hazards before an incident occurs.
- Assist in the communication and administration of the company’s drug and alcohol policy by performing drug screens and ensuring that pre-employment and random drug testing is performed in compliance with company policy.
- Assist project teams in the investigation and documentation of incidents. This may include providing assistance to memorialize incidents by using necessary resources including photographs, incident reports, employee / witness statements, etc.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Safety, Health, or a Science field preferred, but will consider individuals with construction safety experience or a law enforcement background.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Good driving record.
- Drug Free.
- Able to communicate effectively to all levels of employees and management.
Travel is anticipated approximately 10% to 20% on a weekly basis and occasional overnights.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), 100% contributed by company
- 401 (K) with Match
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
Building Legacies for a Thriving Future
We encourage Minorities and Females to Apply. EOE M/F/D/V. VA Cont. Lic., Class A, #2701-029434A.