DB's Plumbing and Drain® is a locally family owned and operated plumbing services company with decades of experience working in Northern Virginia homes and businesses performing quality plumbing work. Our roots have grown from a small drain cleaning company to a full-service plumbing contractor.
We are growing and in need of qualified individuals to join our team as a full-time Residential Plumber in Woodbridge, VA.
Being committed to excellence and integrity, we are always looking for team members that fit into our work ethic and philosophy. If you have the job skills and desire to work with a great team, we encourage you to apply!
At DB’s Plumbing and Drain we focus on providing friendly, thorough customer service, so the ideal candidate for this position would need to exemplify those same qualities. As a Residential Plumber, you must be able to effectively interact and communicate with customers regarding plumbing questions, concerns and problems.
The ideal candidate has previous residential plumbing and sales experience with the ability to perform repairs. In addition, be able to efficiently undertake a variety of plumbing tasks ranging from fixing leakages to installing pipes, water heaters and well pump systems.
- Minimum of 2 years in Plumbing Service Industry
- Minimum of 2 year of proven sales experience
- Familiar with and able to handle plumbing tools, products and equipment (pipe wrenches, pipe cutters, plungers etc.)
- Ability to effectively communicate with customer inside their homes
- Good physical condition and strength with the ability to work in awkward spaces and lift 50+ pounds
- Valid Driver’s License
- Assemble pipe sections, tubing and fittings, using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement, plastic solvent, caulking, or soldering, brazing and welding equipment.
- Measure, cut, thread, and bend pipe to required angle
- Install/replace pipes, fittings valves, fixtures—such as sinks, toilets, water heaters, well pumps
- Modify length of pipes, fixtures, and other plumbing materials as needed
- Cut openings in structures to accommodate pipes and pipe fittings
- Tests plumbing systems for leaks and other problems
- Analyze problem and identify appropriate tools and materials for repair
- Choose plumbing materials based on budget, location, and intended uses (Residential vs commercial)
- Follow health and safety standards and complies with State and Local building codes
- Perform inspections of plumbing systems to identify and replace worn parts
- Competitive commission percentage—an average a Residential Plumber with our company can make between $60,000-100,000 a year
- Stocked company vehicle, iPad, Pro Press, sewer machines, heavy equipment
- Uniforms provided
- Medical and dental insurance
- PTO (8 days a year to start)
- 401k match program