ColonialWebb is seeking an energetic, people-orientated Receptionist to join our successful team in our Norfolk office.
The Receptionist position requires basic computer skills, including some experience with Excel, Outlook, and Microsoft Office. Overall duties include, answering the phone, answering the side gates, receiving fed-ex, ups and mail, general support duties in the office such as making copies, assisting and greeting any visitors at the front door.
ColonialWebb is one of the largest commercial, mechanical, and electrical contractors in the South Atlantic region. We proudly serve clients from local small businesses to Fortune 500 companies. For nearly 50 years, our presence is alive across Virginia, the Carolinas, DC/Maryland, and several surrounding states. We specialize in New Construction, Mechanical Service, Industrial Refrigeration, Special Projects, and Manufacturing.
We continuously seek individuals who want to invest in themselves and their teammates.
The Receptionist position is part of a committed force of trusted advisors, who exceed expectations, have unmatched expertise, and have a duty to deliver exceptional service. All duties and actions are to be performed consistent with the Company’s Core Values: Safety, Integrity, Empathy, and Urgency.
The Receptionist presents the first impression of our organization to all visitors and callers. He/she is primarily responsible for the proper routing of incoming calls, ensuring visitors are attended to appropriately, and ensuring the building’s lobby is presentable at all times.
- Greets and directs visitors to the Company.
- Answers telephones and operates switchboard. Pleasantly directs callers to the appropriate employee and forwards calls to appropriate voice mailbox when employee is unavailable.
- Receives and distributes incoming deliveries and mail to the appropriate places; signs for parcels when necessary.
- Coordinates pick-up of mail services (FedEx, UPS, USPO, etc.).
- Administers office entry/access software and equipment, maintains permissions and access.
- Maintains professionalism of the building lobby.
- Provides applications to applicants, procures applications from applicants, and maintains applicant “walk-in” log.
- Makes announcements via intercom system.
- Trains others in receptionist duties to prepare for absence or backup.
- Miscellaneous administrative tasks in support of other departments (AP, Payroll, etc.) as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Skills, Education, and Abilities
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple activities effectively and in a timely manner.
- Proficiency with technology, including phones, switchboard, and Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to deal diplomatically and effectively with internal and external customers.
- Excellent verbal communication and phone skills.
- Possess a professional demeanor (appearance, positive attitude, and behavior).
- Office organization and attention to detail skills.
- Independent worker with strong work ethic. Requires little direction and supervision.
Benefits and Perks
- Top-Market Wages based on experience and qualifications!
- 401(k) plan with a generous company match
- Medical, dental, vision, and Rx drug insurance
- Company sponsored wellness program
- Life and accidental death insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability insurance
- Personal leave, paid holidays, bereavement leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee referral incentives
- Scholarship program for employees’ children
- Discounts at major cell phone and auto companies
- Community service opportunities
- And much, much more...
How to Apply:
Apply online at
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.