Phoenix Packaging Operations, LLC (PPO) is a Packaging and Containers company located in Dublin, VA and Phoenix, AZ in the United States. PPO is a subsidiary of Grupo Phoenix. Grupo Phoenix is one of the most important packaging companies in the Americas.
Our products target the commercial food packaging, food service and disposable consumer products industries. Our manufacturing locations total eleven production plants: two in Colombia, one in Mexico, five in Venezuela, one in Ecuador and two in the United States.
We have been leaders in Latin America for over 20 years; our award winning packaging innovations and leading brands have fueled our growth and expansion from our original territories to more than 20 different countries including the United States.
Grupo Phoenix is deeply committed to the community, its people, its workforce and the countries where it has presence through each one of its companies, focusing on growth, innovation and sustainability.
The Quality Technician will be responsible for the inspection, testing, sorting and sampling of raw materials and/or processed products for defects, wear and deviations from specifications utilizing precision measuring instruments and complex test equipment when necessary.
(Specify concretely the purpose of the job)
(Responsibilities done within a specified time period)
1. Examine contents and compare with records, such as manifests, invoices or orders in order to verify the accuracy of incoming and outgoing shipments.
2. Discard or reject products, materials, and equipment meeting specifications.
3. Analyze and interpret blueprints, data, manuals, and other materials to determine specifications, inspection and testing procedures, adjustment and certification methods, formulas, and measuring instruments required.
4. Inspect, test, or measure materials, products, installations, and work for conformance to specifications
5. Notify supervisors and other personnel of production problems, and assist in identifying and correcting these problems
6. Discuss inspection results with those responsible for products, and recommend necessary corrective action.
7. Record inspection or test data and quantities inspected or graded
8. Observe and monitor production operations and equipment to ensure conformance to specifications and make or order necessary process or assembly adjustments
9. Measure dimensions of products to verify conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as rulers, calipers, gauges, or micrometers
10. Analyze test data and make computations as necessary to determine test results.
11. Perform other related duties that contribute to the success of the operation as assigned by supervisor.
Minimum of one year previous manufacturing experience, preferably in quality assurance role.
Strong written and oral communication skills.
Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment.
Must maintain an attitude of safety awareness and responsibly
1. Support the projects undertaken by the organization, where he/she can add value.
2. Keep updated the reports, spc, documents under his/her responsibility.
3. Perform other related duties that contribute to the success of the operation as assigned by supervisor.
4. Participate in the department meetings
5. Assist to training coordinated by HR where participation is needed
6. Report any work related incident
Interpretation and Analysis
Knows how to find information and analyze it logically. Analyzes data and interprets information, integrating it with his/her previous knowledge. Shows constant desire to investigate. Defines specific actions in response to received information.
Knowledge of Work
Performs his/her tasks with full knowledge and understanding. Willing to teach others, understanding the importance that all shared knowledge is useful in order to achieve organizational objectives. Shows interest in acquiring new knowledge by participating in trainings, projects and new responsibilities that enables him/her to learn
Acts in accordance with the objectives of the organization. Shows initiative and is convinced that is able to perform a good job. Works to achieve the objectives set. Understands the need for a results-based culture. Promotes quality improvement and customer satisfaction, seeking to do the job properly. Controls the time in which executes the work.
High School Diploma or General Education Degree required. Associate’s degree preferred.
Computer skills and mathematical ability required.
Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.