Phoenix Packaging Operations, LLC (PPO) is a Packaging and Containers company located in Dublin, VA and Phoenix, AZ in the United States. PPO is a subsidiary of Grupo Phoenix. Grupo Phoenix is one of the most important packaging companies in the Americas.
Our products target the commercial food packaging, food service and disposable consumer products industries. Our manufacturing locations total eleven production plants: two in Colombia, one in Mexico, five in Venezuela, one in Ecuador and two in the United States.
We have been leaders in Latin America for over 20 years; our award winning packaging innovations and leading brands have fueled our growth and expansion from our original territories to more than 20 different countries including the United States.
Grupo Phoenix is deeply committed to the community, its people, its workforce and the countries where it has presence through each one of its companies, focusing on growth, innovation and sustainability.
The Quality Technician will be responsible for the inspection, testing, sorting and sampling of raw materials, in process materials or products and finished goods for defects and dimensions/variables out of specification utilizing precision measuring instruments and complex test equipment. The main function of a Quality Technician will be to mitigate risk and act as the voice of the customer with personnel and supervision working in the production teams.
1. Documenting information into spreadsheets
2. Review materials and supplies at reception using product specifications and requirements to ensure conformance to specifications. This includes verification to bills of materials, COA’s etc.
3. Support the projects undertaken by the organization where the employee can add support/value to the project.
4. Disposition products and/or materials that do not meet product specifications or requirements. This includes labeling, BAAN system transfers and physical containment of non-conforming products or materials.
5. Inspect, test, or measure materials, products, and work practices for conformance to specifications utilizing materials such as drawings, test data, standard operating procedures and testing manuals.
6. Notify supervision, management and other personnel of product or personnel non-conformances such as GMP’s.
7. Assist in identifying and providing solutions to problems as the voice of the customer. This includes communication of inspection results with those responsible for products, and recommended necessary corrective action.
8. Conduct product inspections/testing per the products sampling plan. Record the associated test results electronically or manually utilizing software and forms provided for the test being performed.
9. Perform quality and process systems audits as scheduled and assigned.
10. Perform verification of process critical control points (CCP’s) as outlined in the facility HACCP manual. Follow reaction plans including communication and containment of non-conformances.
12. Report any and all work-related injuries and near misses to supervision and management.
13. Perform other related duties that contribute to the success of the operation as assigned by supervisor.