Since our founding in 1952 as a family-owned company, Lerner has grown to become not only a leader in Washington DC real estate, but also an organization that is deeply embedded in the community fabric of the Nation’s Capital.
The Property Manager is responsible for the daily operations of an assigned property. The Property Manager manages team members along with daily activities to achieve budgeted leasing, occupancy and financial goals. The Property Manager ensures that the assigned property is compliant with Company’s policies and procedures, along with state, local and federal laws and regulations including Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act and employment laws. Property Manager is also responsible for being familiar with the Lerner Corporation and its properties and for training all property staff on these topics. Every staff member is a brand ambassador and must be well versed in Lerner’s history and culture.
- Assist with the preparation of the property’s annual business plan and oversee daily activity to achieve budgeted leasing, occupancy and financial goals
- Support maintenance operations by partnering with maintenance team to maintain property’s curb appeal and assess possible maintenance issues, while ensuring that all manufacturer’s recommended routine maintenance is completed in a timely fashion
- Assist in the preparation of monthly financial reports including completing variance reports, monthly market analysis, financial accruals and property performance summary
- Provide daily, weekly or monthly activity report as required by supervisor and Lerner’s Executive Team
- Hire, train and coach a team of onsite leasing associates
- Oversee and manage the onsite leasing process from first contact through move in
- Promptly address and resolve residents’ concerns in a first-class manner that is consistent with guidelines established by Lerner’s Executive Team
- Manage collection and processing of monthly rental and all other project income
- Work closely with the Managing Director, Assistant Director, Operations Director, and the Marketing Director to ensure all on-site staff are properly trained to operate all facility systems and to identify necessary service needs
- Work closely with Lerner’s Marketing team to ensure that all marketing standards and brand standards established by the Director of Marketing are understood by all property staff members and are strictly adhered to
- Work with Lerner’s Marketing Department to develop and implement marketing plans, schedules and budgets while ensuring all marketing initiatives of property management team adhere to standards established by Lerner’s Director of Marketing
- High school diploma or equivalent is required. College degree preferred
- 5 years of progressive experience in the property management industry
- 2 years of supervisory experience with demonstrated ability to manage a team effectively
- Experience with Entrata or other similar system such as MRI, Yardi, etc.
- Experience managing rents using a price optimizer such as LRO or Yieldstar
- Experience in handling conflict resolution
- Understanding of financial statements, general accounting principles, budgeting, etc.
- Understanding of federal fair housing laws and any applicable state and local laws and regulation for property management
- Proficiency at Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to read, write, and understand English, additional languages a plus
- Exceptional customer service abilities
- Health, Dental, Life/AD&D, and Supplemental Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401K with company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Vacation Leave
- Sick Leave
- Personal Days
Lerner Corporation is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected class, in accordance with applicable law.