Branch Civil is searching for an experienced, detail-oriented and organized Project Manager (PM) to join our well-established, growing company. This position reports to the Director of Operations (DoO). The PM advises the DoO on all operational and management activities on projects they are responsible for. This position works closely with the project superintendent and staff to ensure overall direction, completion, and financial outcome of assigned projects. Oversees or participates in the allocation of resources to ensure a safe, timely, and quality project while meeting all project goals. The PM is the primary contact with Owner’s representative(s), Subcontractors, Suppliers and other company departments/personnel and pursues exemplary business relationships with same.
- Assists the DoO in managing, training, and mentoring the PE staff
- Assists and advises the DoO on business functions including workforce management, contracting strategies, and financial management
- Supports preconstruction activities including design-build procurement
- Assists the DoO in develops new business opportunities relative to a client or group of clients and fosters positive owner relationships
- Authority on contract between the Owner, GC, etc. and the Company to ensure effective project administration
- Responsible for all aspects of the project’s contract management, planning, scheduling, budget, quality, safety, and employee development
- Responsible for profit margins and fully manages all financial aspects of assigned construction project(s)
- Collaboratively aids in the timely drafting and execution of subcontracts and purchase orders
- Reviews and approves monthly subcontractor pay requisitions
- Responsible for schedule development and updates in conjunction with the project staff
- Responsible for preparation of monthly project financial projections and reports
- Prepares and reviews payment requisitions, communicates changes, and reports projects financial status monthly
- Develops an effective plan and schedule in conjunction with the Superintendent for constructing the project and helps determine the means and methods necessary to meet project goals
- Adheres to the terms of the contract, assures quality, minimizes costs, and promotes safety
- Associates degree in civil engineering, construction management, or related field
- 3 or more years of industry Project Management experience (Project Engineer experience does not count) in heavy highway and civil site work including individual projects over $10M+
- Preferred DOT experience. Government experience is acceptable if balanced with industry experience.
- Experience using P6 scheduling software, MS Office, Financial software and/ or Project Management software
- Must have PM experience running multiple projects at one time
- Has managed multiple highway/site projects
- Proven experience managing project teams to successful outcomes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Construction or related field
- Heavy civil DOT experience
- Design-Build experience
Within the Eastern Virginia Region. This position requires frequent field visits, 50% field and 50% office or as necessary.
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), 100% contributed by the company
- 401 (K) with Match
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
Branch Civil provides full-service heavy civil construction and design-build services for highway and site development within the private and public sector.
Building Legacies for a Thriving Future
We encourage Minorities and Females to Apply. EOE M/F/D/V. VA Cont. Lic., Class A, #2701-029434A.