Location: Northern Virginia Region
Position Type: Full time
Branch Civil is searching for an experience Project Manager (PM) to join our well-established, growing company. The PM is jointly responsible with the Superintendent for overall direction, completion, and financial outcome of assigned projects. Oversees or participates in the allocation of resources to ensure a safe, timely, and quality project while meeting all project goals. The PM is the primary contact with Owner’s representative(s), Subcontractors, Suppliers and other company departments / personnel and pursues exemplary business relationships with same. Reports to the Director of Operations.
- Is the Company’s authority on contract between the owner, GC, etc. and Branch Civil to ensure effective project administration
- Responsible for all aspects of the project’s contract management, planning, scheduling, budget, quality, safety, and employee development.
- Responsible for profit margins and fully manages all financial aspects of assigned construction project(s)
- Collaboratively aids in the timely drafting and execution of subcontracts and purchase orders
- Reviews and approves monthly subcontractor pay requisitions
- Oversees schedule development and updates in conjunction with the project staff
- Oversees preparation of monthly project financial projections and reports to the appropriate Branch Civil executive leadership members
- Prepares and reviews payment requisitions, communicates changes, and reports projects financial status monthly
- Develops an effective plan and schedule in conjunction with the Superintendent for constructing the project and helps determine the means and methods necessary to meet project goals
- Supports preconstruction activities including design-build procurement
- Develops new business opportunities relative to a client or group of clients and fosters positive owner relationships
- Adheres to the terms of the contract, assures quality, minimizes costs, and promotes safety
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering, construction management, or related field
- 5+ years of Project Management experience (Project Engineer experience does not count) in heavy highway and civil site work with 10+ years total highway/site construction experience
- Must have DOT experience. Government experience is acceptable if balanced with industry experience.
- Experience using P6 scheduling software, MRS Project, Vista; MS Office and Procore
- Must have PM experience running multiple projects at one time
- Has managed highway/site projects up to $50M or multiple smaller projects.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering/Construction
- Heavy civil VDOT experience
- Has managed the design process for heavy highway design-build projects, including the design engineer firm and reviews plans for constructability and cost savings
- Desire DBIA (Design/Build) certification
- Professional Engineer, Virginia or ability to obtain within six months
Yes, typically within the Northern Virginia Region. This position requires frequent field visits, 50% field and 50% office or as necessary.
Directly supervises two to three employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), 100% contributed by company
- 401 (K) with Match
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
About Branch Civil: Branch Civil roots itself in a longstanding tradition of serving the transportation and infrastructural needs between and within communities throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast United States. The company’s history of planting, cultivating, and growing transparent, professional relationships with its clients has established Branch Civil as a respected name within the civil construction industry of our regions. Branch Civil offers a dynamic range of services, including heavy civil construction, design-build, and site development.
Building Legacies for a Thriving Future
We encourage Minorities and Females to Apply. EOE M/F/D/V. VA Cont. Lic., Class A, #2701-029434A.