Branch Civil is searching for a highly skilled, team-oriented Project Engineer to join our well-established, growing company. This position works closely with the Project Manager and Superintendent to ensure success of the project. The Project Engineer oversees all engineering and technical aspects of the project, with a strong emphasis on organizing and planning, to assure the highest level of accuracy and quality. This position reports directly to the PM and provides support in the areas of project safety, documentation, plans and specifications, construction means and methods, scheduling, budgeting, projections, and project closeout.
- Measuring, reporting and forecasting accurate cost and revenue dollars and quantities
- Fully reviews contract documents, drawings and specifications
- Assists Pre-Construction Services/Project Manager(PM) in defining project budget and cost codes
- Prepares Initial Budget Adjustments for PM review prior to start of work
- Ensures the acquisition of permits, through appropriate channels, as required
- Maintains and updates RFI Log, Change Order Log, and Submittal Log
- Maintains and updates the Materials Book – C25s/Certs/Etc.
- Supports quality control/Ensures approved materials are being used
- Drafts and submits Change Orders per PM approval
- Drafts and submits RFIs per PM approval
- First level approval of subcontractor invoices for PM final approval
- Reviews and submits end of month billings
- Develops and communicates an effective plan in cooperation with the superintendent
- Monitors work to ensure means and methods are followed and effective
- Maintains and updates project schedule for PM review
- Reviews and/or develops material tracking list
- Promotes Branch Civil’s Safety Culture
- Performs pre-punch list walk thru with PM and Superintendent
- Enforces contract close-out timeline and reconciles with Subcontractors
- Reviews cost data for accuracy and assists PM in generation of projection updates
Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, construction management, or related field
Master’s Degree in engineering/Construction and two years of experience in heavy civil VDOT (or DOT)/large site construction
Travel limited to job site area.
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - 100% company paid
- 401 (K) with Match
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
Building Legacies for a Thriving Future
We encourage Minorities and Females to Apply. EOE M/F/D/V. VA Cont. Lic., Class A, #2701-029434A.