Location: Roanoke, VA
Branch & Associates, Inc. is searching for a highly skilled, team-oriented, detailed, and flexible salaried Project Engineer capable of managing multiple responsibilities to join our well-established and growing company. This position is crucial to the project team and requires discipline and attention to detail with quality work product while meeting deadlines. The project engineer position works closely with, and supports, all members of the project team to ensure success of the project. The project engineer works to support the project by ensuring accurate information relative to constructing the project is managed, reviewed, and communicated to the project team members supporting delivery of a quality project in a timely fashion.
- Understand and enforce contract requirements with Subcontractors and Owners.
- Developing and maintaining a submittal register, receiving submittals from subcontractors and suppliers, developing submittals, plans and reports, reviewing submittals for verification that they meet all project documents, and communicating submittals to the appropriate members of the project team.
- Work in conjunction with project superintendents and the project manager to receive, review, analyze, document, answer and/or submit requests for information to the project team.
- Maintain up to date physical and electronic project documentation such as drawings, specifications, RFI’s, submittals, commissioning documentation, punch lists, meeting information, etc. to archive project documentation and provide efficient access to documents by the project team.
- Maintain and distribute information to the project team in a web based project management software.
- Maintain and distribute information to the project team using document management software.
- Coordinate building systems with various trades in either using BIM or physical methods.
- Coordinate and manage commissioning meetings, documentation, and efforts.
- Coordinate and manage punch list development and documentation.
- Review, prepare and submit project close out documentation such as Operations & Maintenance Manuals and Warranties both physically and electronically, attic stock, and video tape Owner Training.
- Develop a material tracking log from submittal information and the project schedule and coordinate with the project superintendent to ensure material will arrive on-time to support the project schedule and construction.
- Develop an understanding of each trades work scope as the authority.
- Support the superintendents by contributing to solutions in a proactive manner on the project site.
- Monitor inspection/testing and maintain reports and records.
- Work to promote a safe work environment for all workers with an injury free objective.
- Develop an understanding and support the project team in producing a quality project.
- Assemble, review and manage LEAD documentation for the project.
- Participate in the LEAN process.
- Prepare agendas and meeting minutes for various meetings.
- Represent Branch & Associates as a primary daily point of contact with Owners, Design Teams, and Subcontractors to develop relationships based a trustworthy approach to the project.
- Mentor, train, develop project Interns and participate in company training to personally develop and grow.
- Excellent listening and communication skills.
- Ability to identify and desire to resolve complex problems.
- Motivated to learn detailed scopes of work with an all-in mentality.
- Participation and leadership in a team environment.
- Organized, adaptive, and goal oriented.
- Computer and Ipad skills with Microsoft Office, Project Management Software (Procore, Prolog, etc.), Bluebeam, BIM, and scheduling software.
- 1-3+ years of experience as a project engineer.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a construction related field or Bachelor’s Degree with related experience.
- Fair and reasonable proactive approach with a strong work ethic and a positive can-do attitude.
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), 100% contributed by the company
- 401 (K) with Match
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
Branch & Associates is an advocate for our projects defined by strong core values: Relationships, Exceptionalism, Accountability, Enjoyment. We are a flat company with a family atmosphere looking for the right people passionate about doing the right things. We encourage interested candidates to review our website to better understand our commitment to schedule and quality for our projects.
Building Legacies for a Thriving Future
We encourage Minorities and Females to Apply. EOE M/F/D/V. VA Cont. Lic., Class A, #2701-029434A.