Location: Cobbs Creek Project in Columbia, VA
Reports to: Project Engineer - Level I
Duties: Facilitate comunication between site management and field crew members who speak two different languages by interpreting, translating and re-communicating both verbal and written messages from one language into another for the respectively.
FLSA Status: Salaried/Exempt
About ASI Construction LLC:
ASI Construction LLC is an industry leader in the dam and water resource construction market, providing services worldwide. Our company is a self-performing, heavy-civil contractor that specializes in the construction and rehabilitation of dams (RCC, earthfill, and concrete), hydroelectric and renewable energy facilities, pipelines, tunnel/shaft rehabilitation, storm/sanitary sewer system improvements, and other major water resource projects. ASI is headquartered in Colorado Springs, Colorado. ASI strives to build projects safely, on time, on budget, and to satisfy our clients. ASI personnel have successfully completed numerous award-winning heavy civil construction projects in the water resource field, including more than one-hundred and forty-five dam and dam rehabilitation projects and over thirty-five new RCC dams. Our Company's vision and values include integrity, honesty, safety, teamwork and a passion for what we do. We hire people who thrive on tough work and challenging opportunities.
Key Activities and Position Responsibilities:
- Become thoroughly knowledgeable with the project's contract documents, drawings, specifications and scope of work.
- Assist with the maintenance of the project master schedule using CPM techniques and appropriate scheduling software with input from other project management personnel.
- Assist with the maintenance of the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and Productivity Monitoring System, review with other project team members and supervisors.
- Assist with document control, receive and log in new issue drawings and other contract documents, maintain document control log.
- Assist with field estimating/change orders.
- Assist with monthly Project Status Report (PSR) and Cost and Revenue forecasts.
- Attend and support ASI internal planning and coordination meetings.
- Assist with purchasing and procurement.
- Assist with project quality control/assurance.
- Assist with subcontract management.
- Prepare and transmit submittals (materials, vendors) to client for approval.
- Provide supervision, mentoring and training for lower level engineers.
- Listen to directions and suggestions from supervisors or other employees regarding safe and proper work practices. Evaluate that information to devise and implement a plan based on the evaluation for carrying out the duties of this position.
- Identify workplace safety hazards and take all necessary corrective action to eliminate or minimize them.
- Other duties as assigned.
ASI employees must work cooperatively with other employees and have a good positive attitude. They must also be punctual. Further, this means that you must be ready to work when your shift starts. So, you must arrive at work with enough time prior, to ready yourself for the shift. They should also work safely without presenting a direct threat to self or others.
Essential Ability Requirements for ASI Personnel:
Working in the field at ASI Construction LLC is often physically demanding. The following list describes the minimum ability requirements for field personnel.
- Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials;
- Work long shifts with non-standard break times;
- Work in a variety of weather conditions with exposure to the elements;
- Learn job-related material primarily through oral instruction and observation. This learning takes place mainly in an on-the-job training setting;
- Must have good hand-eye coordination;
- Must have quick reaction times;
- Must be able to hear adequately enough to be alerted by horns, sirens, shouting, or any other noise that is meant to convey a safety warning;
- If corrective device is required to achieve this level of hearing, the employee must be able to wear PPE without interfering with the corrective device or the required PPE;
- Must have good balance and must not be clumsy;
- Climb ladders or steps to reach objects;
- Must be able to work at heights of up to 100’ or more;
- Must be able to work in confined or enclosed spaces;
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time;
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time;
- Must be able to wear a hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, and safety-toed boots;
- Must be able to walk moderate distances to reach work area (1/2 mile or more);
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions;
- Must be committed to contributing to a culture of safety, looking out for yourself and others.
Preferred Qualifications and Training:
- Ability to fluently communicate (written & verbal) in Spanish and English.
- Must have proven abilities and skills in the following: leadership and management of people, communication (verbal and written), planning, organization and delegation.
- Must set standards of excellence in leadership, safety, quality and productivity for his/her subordinates.
- Must have working knowledge of CPM scheduling, unit man-hour performance, accounts payable/accounts receivable, materials control, estimating, job cost updates, equipment management and subcontracts.
- Must have an undergraduate degree in civil engineering or an engineering field, or equivalent experience and education, and a minimum of 2-5 years’ experience in heavy/civil project or field engineering.
At ASI Construction LLC, we are only as good as our people. We offer outstanding benefits and rewards to recruit and retain the best professionals in our industry. When you join the ASI team, your comprehensive benefit package will include:
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance for employees and their dependents
- 401(K) plan with Company Matching Contributions
- Gifted Time Off to include Vacation and Sick time (GTO)
- Paid Holidays per Company Policy
We offer additional competitive benefits that are position and assignment dependent.
We offer a competitive salary based on experience.