At Strategic Analysis, Inc., we recognize that success is a direct result of a happy, talented and results-driven team. We believe in creating an environment that gives everyone the opportunity to grow professionally and foster a career path that builds on strengths and talents through training, education, and leadership. SA is looking for highly motivated, talented individuals to join our team. If you are looking for a career opportunity, and have the required background and experience for any of our current opening, apply today. We look forward to speaking with you. If you are a new applicant, please search and select from Current Openings to apply. If you are a returning applicant, please Log in and apply to additional positions! SA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. SA participates in E-Verify.
Strategic Analysis, Inc. is currently seeking candidates to provide resource analysis, budget execution, financial management, and related PPBE support to our clients in the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering (OUSD(R&E). Ideal candidates are highly organized, motivated, and results driven individuals with an ability to excel in a team environment and regularly shift priorities to meet customer schedules.
- Provides support in the execution and reporting of RDT&E, O&M, and/or Procurement funding.
- Prepares and initiates funding documents, including MIPRs, interagency agreements, project orders, and sub-allotments.
- Assists program managers in the development of SOWs, cost estimations, support agreements, and other documentation as required.
- Tracks and maintains cognizance of program funds in independent or shared spreadsheets and automated systems.
- Monitors obligation and expenditure progress and develops recommendations for aligning the programs with target benchmarks.
- Documents financial status and success in relation to goals of the program and target Comptroller benchmarks.
- Prepares narrative statements for defending programs in monthly, quarterly, and year-end reviews.
- Provides support in the development and edit of budget justification exhibits (i.e. R2 narratives) for the Department’s POM/BES and PBR submissions to OSD.
- Assists in the development and coordination of issue papers and unfunded requirements.
- Responds to data calls and requests for program-related information, often against aggressive schedules.
- Prepares customized reports and presentation materials for program managers and senior executives.
- Assists in the development and coordination of appropriate responses and reports to congressional inquiries.
- Performs regular account reconciliation, resolves discrepancies, and remedies accounting issues.
- Conducts independent research in federal and departmental policy issuances, such as DoD Directives, the FMR, and other sources, as well as financial systems and databases, and provides summaries of findings.
- Creates and maintains definitive, auditable documentation and files for OUSD(R&E) programs.
- Other related PPBE support duties as assigned.
- Active Secret clearance is required.
- 5 years of relevant and related experience is required; i.e. previous DoD PPBE / federal financial management and knowledge of funding document processes.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or related discipline; degree requirement waived in lieu of significant recent and relevant work experience: minimum of 5 years experience active duty military working financial activities or minimum of 10 years experience working DoD or industry financial activities.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with DAI, iProcurement, Hyperion, OBIEE, and SharePoint a plus
- CDFM, CDFM-A, CGFM or other certification a plus
- Medical & Prescription Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account Program
- Health Savings Account
- Long & Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Gold's Gym Corporate Membership
- Sick Leave
- Annual Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement