Founded in 1994, Lafayette Group helps public and private agencies enhance the American quality of life through innovative technologies, strategic planning, and technical support services. Key areas of work include managing public safety communication programs, development of advanced technology, and outreach to State and municipal agencies. Lafayette Group offers its employees a great working environment with a competitive salary and benefits package.
Job Summary: Lafayette Group is seeking a qualified and highly-motivated individual with understanding of the law enforcement field to provide support for projects involving the association of the largest police departments in the United States and Canada. This position will provide strategic planning, proposal development, project design and management, research, analysis, stakeholder engagement, and other support services in a variety of programs that assist departments in their operational and strategic capabilities.
- Track and analyze federal legislation and other policy issues that affect local law enforcement.
- Conduct research on local law enforcement practices utilizing primary and secondary sources.
- Provide support to working groups, including virtual and in-person meeting logistics, preparing briefing packets, informing discussions, and providing all levels of additional staff support and project management.
- Work directly with program managers, subject matter experts, stakeholders, and other personnel to assess, plan, coordinate, and conduct activities related to project milestones.
- Develop project proposals, workplans, published reports, presentations, guides, and other customized materials.
- Track grant opportunities, write proposals, and manage proposal development.
- Coordinate with subject matter experts, project partners, and recipients in the delivery of training and technical assistance programs.
- At least 3-5 years’ professional experience working on projects that involve quantitative and qualitative research and analysis with demonstrated ability to compile and analyze information.
- At least 3-5 years’ professional experience planning, managing, and/or providing support to government or private sector programs.
- Experience collaborating with local law enforcement agencies in a professional setting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including experience in developing engaging research papers, presentations, and publications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to interface effectively with a broad range of people.
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task and possession of strong organizational skills and the ability to complete work in a timely, accurate, and efficient manner within expected timeframes and budgets.
- BA or BS degree in Criminal Justice, Public Policy/Administration, or related field, that includes emphasis on research and analysis.
- Strong interest in contributing to the law enforcement field.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
Candidates lacking basic professional qualifications may be considered according to additional and/or preferred qualifications and demonstrable qualifying academic experience.
- MA or MS degree.
- Experience utilizing national and local crime statistics and other law enforcement datasets for research and analysis purposes.
- Experience contributing to proposals for private and government grantors, including federal grants.
- Experience analyzing and providing briefings on legislative proposals.
- Experience creating survey instruments.
- Experience designing and administering training and technical assistance programs for law enforcement agencies.
- Possess an active security clearance or have the ability to obtain one.
The primary location for this position is in the Washington DC Metropolitan area.
Occasional travel may be required.
This position involves working on federal contracts that require all workers on the contract to be U.S. Citizens. Additionally, some contracts may require the ability to obtain a security clearance.