Atlantic Constructors wants dynamic, motivated, career minded individuals. You would be working on a team with a company that has been around for over 50 years!
We understand that we wouldn’t be in this business as long as we have without our dedicated team.
We need people like you to grow our team and company. Take a look at who we are and what we offer. If it sounds like a good fit, introduce yourself by applying. We look forward to meeting you.
Position: Plumbing Apprentice
Works day-to-day on assigned plumbing tasks assisting Plumber journeyman with the layout, assembly, installation, and repair of pipes, fittings, and fixtures of heating, water, air, gas, and drainage systems, according to company standards, specifications and plumbing or mechanical codes.
- Knowledgeable of required tools and materials
- Understands and practices the proper and safe use of power and hand tools
- Cuts or drills holes in walls to permit passage of pipes
- Selects specified type and size of pipe as directed
- Mounts pipe hangers and brackets on walls and ceiling to hold pipe
- Follows proper construction practices and company policy
- Loads, transports and unloads and furnishes more experienced mechanics materials, tools, equipment and supplies
- May erect scaffolding and assist in cleaning work areas and the restocking of supplies and material
- Assists in the lifting, positioning and securing of materials and work pieces during installation.
- Focuses on safety and safety practices first and foremost at all task inceptions
- Performs other duties as directed
Minimum Experience and Qualifications:
- Currently or willing to enroll in the Virginia Sate Plumbing Apprenticeship Program
- Knowledge of general plumbing installation
- Knowledge of general construction practices
- Work within standards of accuracy and productivity
- Able to lift and climb ladders and scaffolds
- Must have a satisfactory driving record, criminal record, and be able to pass a drug screen
- Must be able to lift and carry items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl during work performance
- Obtain required personal hand tools
- One - three years plumbing knowledge/experience in a construction/industrial environment
- HS diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Prior military experience
Top-notch benefits package including:
Click the Apply button above to introduce yourself and begin the process of joining our team.
- Vacation/sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Casual work environment
- Competitive wages
- Weekly pay
- Tuition reimbursement
- Advancement opportunities