ColonialWebb is looking for a Piping Estimator to join our Hampton Roads team!
ColonialWebb is one of the largest commercial, mechanical, and electrical contractors in the South Atlantic region. We proudly serve clients from local small businesses to Fortune 500 companies. For nearly 50 years, our presence is alive across Virginia, the Carolinas, DC/Maryland, and several surrounding states. We specialize in New Construction, Mechanical Service, Industrial Refrigeration, Special Projects, and Manufacturing.
We continuously seek individuals who want to invest in themselves and their teammates.
The Piping Estimator provides leadership and support of the company's industrial refrigeration estimating department throughout Hampton Roads, Virginia and surrounding areas with an emphasis on special projects installation. The role acts as a key company representative works in conjunction with the Industrial Refrigeration Sales Engineer to provide cost-effective and efficient estimates for opportunities with new and existing clients, and therefore provide a steady, lucrative workflow for the Industrial Refrigeration Department.
- Hampton Roads, VA, and surrounding areas
- Less than 20% of travel time. Lodging and travel expenses paid when necessary
- Responsibilities include face to face interactions with clients to conceptualize and coordinate solutions to challenges our clients face, communicating effective solutions on a big picture as well as a technical level.
- Must be able to coordinate effectively with vendors and sub-contractors to provide relevant conceptual information so detailed scopes of work can be documented and executed.
- Communicates pipeline activities on a regular basis to ensure steady workload and to encourage growth for the department as opportunities are identified.
- Provides timely communication within the department and across organizational lines.
- Performs other related duties and projects as assigned by management.
- Reports to the Industrial Manager or a nominated deputy.
Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities
- Knowledge of Industrial Refrigeration Industry, principles, and practices related to refrigeration construction project estimation.
- Knowledge of Ammonia Refrigeration system design and estimation.
- Bachelor s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or 7 years minimum experience working for a refrigeration contractor on industrial systems design or 10 years in piping estimating.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- General proficiency in AutoCAD a plus.
- Proficiency in Bluebeam preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple estimates, set and balance competing priorities with strong organization skills and ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated strong customer service skills, ability to proactively address customer issues and concerns.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, ability to work with a diverse and multi-discipline workforce.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints.
- Good communication (verbal & written) and presentation skills.
- Computer literate with MS Office product offerings including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- All applicants must have legal authorization to work in the United States
Benefits and Perks
- 401(k) plan with a generous company match
- Medical, dental, vision, and Rx drug insurance
- Life and accidental death insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability insurance
- EAP Resources
- Personal Leave, Paid Holidays, and Bereavement Leave
- Company Vehicle or Car Allowances
- Opportunities for career growth, training, and development
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee referral incentives
- Scholarship program for employees’ children
- And much more
How to Apply
Apply online at