Pipe Fitter- Industrial Refrigeration
ColonialWebb is seeking experienced Pipe Fitters for industrial refrigeration construction projects.
- Projects are located in the Shenandoah Valley area.
- We are looking for pipe fitters within this region.
- Must be able to travel to other projects throughout the Mid-South, as needed.
What you’ll do
- Lay out, fabricate, assemble, install and maintain piping systems, fixtures, and equipment for ammonia refrigeration and industrial systems.
- Select type and size of pipe and related materials according to job specifications.
- Plan sequence of installation to avoid obstructions and activities of other construction workers.
- Cut pipe using pipe cutters, port-a-band saw, hammer and chisel, cutting torch, and pipe cutting machine.
- Thread pipe, using threading machine.
- Assemble and install a variety of metal and nonmetal pipe and pipe fittings, including those made of carbon steel and stainless steel.
- Join piping by means of welded, grooved, threaded, soldered, brazed, fused, or cemented joints.
- Install hanger systems as specified in construction documents.
- Test piping systems for leaks by increasing pressure in pipes and observing gauges attached to pipes for indication of leaks.
- Work safely, encourage others to do so, and comply with applicable health and safety-related rules, regulations, and procedures.
What we’re looking for
- Journeymen level experience with pipe fitting for commercial/industrial construction projects (ammonia refrigeration experience is preferred).
- Journeymen level experience with cutting, threading, and assembling piping systems (carbon steel and stainless steel experience is preferred).
- Knowledge of OSHA safety regulations.
- Ability to work from drawings, submittals and specifications.
- Positive attitude and willing to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively and deal diplomatically with coworkers other tradesmen.
- Drug testing and current US work authorization required
What we'll offer you
- Competitive wages.
- 401(k) plan with a generous company match
- Medical, dental, vision, and Rx drug insurance
- Life and accidental death insurance
- Short and Long-Term disability insurance
- Paid holidays and personal leave
- Opportunities for career growth, training and development
- Employee referral incentives
- Scholarship program for employees’ children
- Discounts at major cell phone and auto companies.
Who we are
ColonialWebb is a Mid-Atlantic leader of superior engineering, construction, installation and service of mechanical systems. For over 40 years we have provided practical and innovative mechanical solutions. As a Comfort Systems USA company, we are strengthened by a nationwide network of mechanical contractors and prepared to build, service, or retrofit any commercial or industrial mechanical, HVAC, refrigeration, electrical, plumbing, water solution, or process piping system.
We are experts in refrigeration repair, refrigeration cooling equipment, refrigeration compressors, ammonia refrigeration and refrigeration equipment supply and maintenance contracts for commercial and industrial systems. We help our customers feed the world
How to apply:
Apply online at EOE M/W/Disability/Vets