Are you a Pipe Fitter in search of work? Do you have at least 7 years of recent shipyard experience?
If you’ve got the experience-we’ve got the work!
Currently seeking Pipe Fitters for work in Chesapeake, VA!
Pipe Fitter Job Overview:
Pipe Fitters install, inspect, maintain and repair the systems that deliver products or energy in ships, factories and plants. Pipe Fitters also install and maintain valves, gauges and switches that operate these systems. This work is local to the Chesapeake area and pay is $15 per Hour.
- Must have a minimum of 7 years of recent Shipyard experience as a Pipefitter
- Must be able to read blue prints, schematics and mechanical drawings
- Must have working knowledge of rolling offsets and take outs
- Must have the ability to bend and thread pipe and fittings and fabricate templates
- Must be able to rip out, repair, target, and layout, fabricate, install and test marine piping systems onboard ships in various stages of modernization.
- Must be familiar with repair and replacement of ships’ piping systems such as Auxiliary Salt Water, Fire Main, Potable water, Hydraulic, Compressed Air, Fuel Oil, Lube Oil and Engine Exhaust etc. while utilizing controlled quality assurance specs, NAVSEA/Military standards and marine blueprints
- Must be able to read and interpret marine piping blueprints, MIL-STD-22D, NAVSEA Standard Items and military specs
- Must have knowledge of Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)
- Must be able to operate a grinder, 90 degree hand torch, chip saw, tubing bender and ½ drill motor
- Must pass a pre-employment drug test
- Must have a current resume