InfraSource, A Quanta Services Company
With over 2,000 employees located in 30 locations across 20 states, InfraSource provides a comprehensive scope of construction and professional services to the natural gas and electric industry. Utilities and Pipeline Operators throughout North America choose InfraSource for its extensive knowledge, expansive resources, and unmatched scope of services. With legacy companies dating back to 1954, InfraSource has built its reputation as an industry leader for solutions and a premier provider of infrastructure services with a solid track record of performance, integrity, and - above all - a commitment to safety and quality.
- Operates power equipment such as excavators, backhoes and front-end loaders to excavate or move dirt, rock, sand, gravel and other materials.
- Pushes levers and depresses pedals to move the machine, to lower, push/pull bucket into the material and to lift, swing and dump contents of the shovel into truck or stockpile or to power jackhammer.
- Responsible for safe slopes on excavations and proper barricading.
- Locate utilities and other buried lines prior to digging.
- Knowledge of trenching and shoring standards.
- Inspects and maintains equipment as required.
- May drive machine to the workplace, lift and move materials and objects, and operate according to signals from others.
- Digs, spreads and levels dirt, gravel or sand; and, mixes, pours and spreads concrete and asphalt using hand tools.
- Performs a variety of machine and non-machine tasks such as removing forms, placing the pipe in the trench, jackhammering and tapping.
- Exercise proper care, maintenance and operation of company equipment.
- Work harmoniously, cooperatively and courteously with others at all times.
- Adhere to all Company Safety Policies.
- Performs miscellaneous other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Must hold a valid Class A CDL.
- Must possess a valid unrestricted Driver’s License.
- High school diploma or equivalent education and experience and on the job training required.
- Work within precise limits on standards of accuracy, repeat tasks of short duration according to set procedure and make decisions based on measurable criteria.
- Physically, a worker must be able to work easily and skillfully with hands and be able to stand, walk, or sit for long periods, use arms, hands, and feet to reach for, handle and manipulate objects.
- The carrying of tools and equipment, stooping, kneeling and crouching and the ability to see well (either naturally or with correction).
- Must be able to able to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Capable of passing required DOT physical examination.
- Knowledge of equipment and their uses.
- Understand and apply basic mathematical skills (adding, subtracting, division & multiplication). Appropriate licenses required as designated by state laws.
- Knowledge of basic measurements and how to read a tape measure.