Exciting Things are Happening at NORESCO!
As one of the largest energy services companies in the U.S., NORESCO utilizes design-build and performance-based contracting vehicles to deliver energy and maintenance savings and significant infrastructure upgrades to existing facilities. NORESCO also provides build, own, operate and maintain (BOOM) services for central heating, cooling and power-generation systems. NORESCO’s Sustainability Services group offers a full suite of sustainable design consulting services, including energy auditing, commissioning and retro-commissioning, energy & daylighting analysis, LEED® certification consulting, and sustainability master planning.
What makes NORESCO unique is our ability to engineer and implement turnkey energy solutions that meet each customer’s individual needs. At NORESCO, we pride ourselves on the excellent relationships we maintain with our customers. We earn their trust and respect through listening and timely response to their needs and concerns. These relationships, along with pursuing and hiring the best people, are truly why NORESCO is a leader in the energy industry.
NORESCO is part of UTC Building & Industrial Systems, a unit of United Technologies Corporation.
Our Operations and Maintenance (O&M) Team:
NORESCO’s Operations and Maintenance Group is responsible for all of the contractual maintenance on equipment once an energy upgrade has been completed and installed on projects for Colleges, Universities, K-12 Schools, Hospitals as well as State, Local and Federal Government buildings.
We have an immediate need for an Operations & Maintenance Project Manager in the Fairfax, VA/Washington D.C. area
As an Operations & Maintenance Project Manager, you'll be involved in the following:
- Manage O&M activities at multiple project sites
- Work as part of a multi-discipline team of sales, engineers, and construction
- Meet regularly with customer to become familiar with operating problems. Keep customer informed on the nature of service provided outstanding issues and recommend system enhancements, upgrades, and or repairs.
- Ensure contract compliance
- Mange and track project issues to successful resolution
- Keep and maintain detailed project records
- Manage subcontractor activities
- Manage assigned technician activities
- Diagnose and repair complex electronic control system malfunction's requiring extensive knowledge of a variety of electronic or digital controls systems and ability to test and write modifications in multiple languages of control systems software.
- Provide sketches of field changes and discrepancies for engineering corrections and drawings.
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Manage assigned work to meet professional execution, of time and customer satisfaction. Report problems or changes to management immediately.
- Interface with supervisor, other project team members to coordinate activities as required in a timely and professional manner.
- Adheres to all NORESCO and customer ethics and safety standards.
- Provide or coordinate systems training on various technologies
- Mentor and train mechanical workforce on building automation systems.
- Compile job documentation, such as certificate of completion, customer training forms, training certificates and punch lists.
- Conduct extensive self-study (reading, research and practice) to improve and maintain technical proficiency with various EMS product lines. Completes certifications as required by the company.
This is our preferred background for this position:
- Strong mechanical aptitude and technically sound in HVAC/Chillers/Boilers and system interoperability.
- Vocational School four year program or an Associate degree in electronics, mechanical systems, computer technology, air conditioning or similar field.
- Five years of industry experience or five years’ experience in servicing electronic and/or mechanical systems in the HVAC industry.
- Working knowledge of HVAC controls systems, facilities management systems, peripheral equipment installation and servicing techniques.
- Effective interpersonal skills to properly represent NORESCO to customers and other outside contacts in an ethical and professional manner.
- Ability to explain technical information to technical and non-technical people.
- Leadership skills to support the activities of Mechanics and sub-contractors
- PC experience required and the ability to program HVAC related software.
- Prior experience with some of the following manufacturers highly desired: Tridium , Honeywell, Siemens, Johnson Controls, Alerton, Automated Logic, Invensys, Bacnet, Echelon Lon-Works.
Must be able to do the following without difficulty:
- Climb ladders.
- Work overhead.
- Lift up to 50lbs.
- Climb stairs.
- Walk long distances through project sites.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.