High-end, Northern Virginia remodeling company seeking skilled craftsman apprentice to learn the build-out and installation of custom interiors. This position requires a skilled, multi-faceted individual capable of creative, outside of the box thinking.
As a full-service remodeling company, this position will involve the complete build-out of kitchens, bathrooms, additions, and other living spaces from start to finish. In other words, this position will involve demolition, drywall repair, electrical, cabinet and appliance installation at a minimum.
The strong candidate must possess the following attributes:
- A thirst for knowledge and learning, and be able to demonstrate and improve upon skill sets.
- Must own basic woodworking hand tools, and know how to accurately read measurements.
- Must have their own reliable transportation, and be able to transport their tools.
- Must be willing to travel to the various construction sites within Northern Virginia, Maryland, and Northwest, Washington D.C.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and formulate conclusions based on blueprints, shop drawings, sketches, and conceptual brain storming.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Must possess superior attention to detail, be organized, and clean.
Lastly, please take pride in your work, be self-motivated, honest, dependable and hardworking!
In return, we offer:
- Financial assistance with continuing education courses.
- Financial assistance with fuel expenses.
- Year-end bonuses.
In addition to submitting your CV, please explain why this position is a good fit for you.
This is a full-time position, though I may consider a sub-contractor if there is a good fit.