ColonialWebb is seeking an experienced mechanical estimator to join our Special Projects team in our Richmond market. As Mechanical Estimator, you will prepare plan and spec and design-build style estimates for commercial mechanical systems. We are doing BIG things at ColonialWebb, join our winning team and BRING BUILDINGS TO LIFE!
- This position works out of our Richmond, VA headquarters and supports our Central Virginia Special Projects business.
- Office Address: 2820 Ackley Avenue Richmond, VA 23228.
What you’ll do:
- Prepare cost estimates for HVAC systems to include duct work, plumbing and piping systems, and equipment for commercial projects (i.e., installations, retrofits, and equipment replacements).
- Account for labor, material, equipment, subcontractors, and other direct costs within estimates.
- Review plans and specifications to determine the scope of work.
- Perform field surveys for the development of project estimates.
- Take-off material and provide accurate quantity surveys. Adjust labor production factors based on the degree of difficulty.
- Coordinate with subcontractors and suppliers to ensure accurate and competitive pricing.
- Submit proposals to customers, finalize pricing and complete internal setups promptly.
- Develop, maintain and strengthen relationships with key owner direct customers and general contractors, as well as create strong partnerships with select engineers and vendors.
- Support sales team and other department personnel as required.
What we’re looking for:
Experience, Education, and Certifications:
- Strong experience estimating commercial HVAC systems (ductwork, plumbing and piping systems, and equipment) for projects valued up to $3M, for a mechanical contractor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering is nice to have, but not required. Individuals without a degree must have prior field experience at a high level coupled with a strong estimating background.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong commercial HVAC, ductwork, plumbing and piping, and refrigeration experience.
- Extensive knowledge of mechanical equipment, drawings, and specifications.
- Knowledge of building materials, engineering standards, and codes.
- Demonstrated skills, experience and proficiency with Microsoft Excel. FastEst and QuickPen experience is nice to have, but not required.
- Ability to interpret computerized cost data.
- Ability to deal diplomatically and communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
- Ability to handle a dynamic, evolving, and fast-paced workload under deadlines.
- Client management skills; able to manage customer relationships, perceptions and expectations.
- Capable of maintaining a high energy level to handle a dynamic, evolving, and fast-paced workload.
Personal and Professional Attributes:
- Initiative; self-motivated (driven), self-starter.
- Strong analysis, problem-solving and critical thinking skills to provide innovative solutions.
- Professional demeanor and positive attitude.
- Insight; ability to gather and make sense of new information.
What we’ll offer you:
- Competitive salary.
- Opportunities for career growth, training, and development.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Phone allowance/company phone.
- 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
- Medical, dental, vision, and Rx drug insurance.
- Life and accidental death insurance.
- Short and Long-Term Disability insurance.
- Personal leave, paid holidays, bereavement leave.
- Employee referral incentives.
- Scholarship program for employees’ children.
- Discounts at major cell phone and auto companies.
ColonialWebb is one of the largest commercial, mechanical, and electrical contractors in the Mid-South, specializing in Construction, Service, Industrial Refrigeration, and Manufacturing. We provide service to customers ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 companies. Whether it’s a school, mall, office tower, hospital, hotel, museum, mission critical facility, or a manufacturing plant, our extensive experience in new construction prepares us for innovative and unique projects throughout the construction process, including preconstruction services, engineering, BIM, construction, and system commissioning. We bring Buildings to Life.
As a Comfort Systems USA company (recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Most Trustworthy Companies), our nationwide scope gives us distinct advantages over our local competitors. We share best practices, ideas, and technology to give our customers better project quality, performance, and safety. With the extensive work history of our subsidiaries, we form “centers of excellence” to guarantee success on our projects, no matter how large or small. Founded in 1972 and headquartered in Richmond, VA ever since, ColonialWebb now operates out of 10 regional offices throughout Virginia, DC, Maryland, North Carolina and South Carolina.
How to Apply:
Apply online at EOE M/F/Disability/Vets