CLP (soon to be PeopleReady) Knows Skilled Trades
HIRING: Marine Painter-Blasters in Portsmouth, VA
Ready to put your skills to work? When you join CLP, you’ll work for large and small companies, national and local, that need skilled tradespeople. You have expertise and reliability. CLP has jobs.
CLP is currently hiring Marine Painter-Blasters for an upcoming project in the Portsmouth, Virginia area.
Put your experience to work. Contact CLP today.
Marine Painter-Blasters Job Description
· Various types of surface preparation using solvents, acids, detergents, power and hand tools, electronic controlled automatic plate blasting equipment, etc., in preparing for the application of high performance coatings on multiple types of surfaces including aluminum, steel, stainless steel, brass, fiberglass, Glass Reinforced Plastic (GRP) and plastics.
· Must protect all equipment and surfaces from dust, paint, and damage utilizing the proper protection methods and materials prior to beginning cleaning and painting operations. Apply appropriate fillers to, and/or feathers, rough surfaces prior to painting in order to obtain a smooth surface as a finished product.
· Ensure the proper mixture of all materials being applied and utilizes the appropriate procedures, methods of application, and tools and equipment.
· Must be familiar with the qualities of each coating being applied in order to lay a smooth and impermeable film with no pin holes, free of entrapped solvents and dry spray and at the proper thickness required.
· Occasionally a painter is required to work over the side, work from floating equipment, and to utilize mobile equipment such as man lifts and forklifts.
· Coordinates and arranges for the work of several trades in connection with performing work from information received from technical work documents, blueprints, specifications, written and/or oral instructions.
· Must have the ability to recognize working conditions or use of materials that require initiation of safety precautions and have the Personal Protective Equipment for said conditions/materials.
· Will have working knowledge on how to read and understand the information provided in a Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) and attend all required briefings for the management and control of hazardous waste.
· Minimum 2 years experience aboard a ship or in shipyard environment
· Current OSHA 10 Maritime Card a plus
· Must pass a drug screen
· Able to obtain a RAPIDGate Badge
· SSPC Certifications – C-7, C-12, or C-14
· Experience preferred
· Committed to safety at all times
· Reliable attendance