Founded in 1994, Lafayette Group helps public and private agencies enhance the American quality of life through innovative technologies, strategic planning, and technical support services. Key areas of work include managing public safety communication programs, development of advanced technology, and outreach to State and municipal agencies. Lafayette Group offers its employees a great working environment with a competitive salary and benefits package.
Job Summary: Lafayette Group is seeking a qualified and highly-motivated individual to lead strategic planning, analysis, and management consulting efforts in support of Federal clients to improve the performance of core mission operations. This position will involve developing strategic work products, managing and facilitating stakeholder engagements, and designing and conducting a variety of strategic, operational, and technical analyses.
- Work directly with senior-level clients and stakeholders to design and manage the development of strategic plans for the use and improvement of telecommunications technologies and other IT capabilities
- Organize and facilitate discussions with Federal, state, local, and tribal government entities in the development of strategies, policies, procedures, and standards
- Analyze operational, technical, strategic, and policy information to identify findings and develop recommendations for improvements in the utilization, interoperability, resilience, and cybersecurity of telecommunications and other IT systems, devices, and applications
- Take the lead in designing and authoring written work products including strategic plans, alternatives analyses, data collections tools, presentations, talking points, fact sheets, and white papers
- Manage the work of junior staff and senior subject matter experts in executing a variety of data collection, analysis, and work product development tasks
- Build strong relationships with clients and stakeholders
- Provide meeting planning, facilitation, and logistical support
- 5+ years of strategic planning, management consulting, and/or telecommunications/IT management experience
- Strong writing abilities and experiences designing and developing written work products in a variety of formats
- Strong analytical skills and experience designing and conducting complex business and/or technical analyses
- Strong client relationship skills and the ability to communicate effectively through written and oral mean
- Experience and competency using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- BA or BS degree
- Experience in homeland security, public safety, or emergency management operations or technology
- Experience and/or education related to IT strategy or management
- Existing TS or Secret clearance or DHS Suitability
This position involves working on federal contracts that require all workers on the contract to be U.S. Citizens. Additionally, some contracts may require the ability to obtain a security clearance.