Since our founding in 1952 as a family-owned company, Lerner has grown to become not only a leader in Washington DC real estate, but also an organization that is deeply embedded in the community fabric of the Nation’s Capital.
Our community consists of 300 apartment homes in Vienna, Virginia. The Building Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the operational management and effective daily leadership of the maintenance team. We are looking for a leader whose focus is on best in class customer service for our residents at our community.
- Manage all aspects of the maintenance department.
- Expected to assign all work related to service requests and make readies to ensure timely completion of these tasks.
- Performs preventive maintenance tasks when required.
- Oversees repair and P.M. of HVAC systems; determines frequency of repair and/or P.M. for HVAC systems.
- Reviews property on a regular basis for overall condition and appearance and establish maintenance schedules necessary for maintaining great curb appeal at the property.
- Responsible for overseeing the activities of contractors working within the building.
- Identify safety hazards within the building and incorporate the remediation of such hazards to ensure that the building’s staff and occupants work in a safe environment.
- Understanding of elevator maintenance, fire sprinkler/alarm systems and mid-rise buildings.
- Able to lead, motivate, develop and train maintenance staff.
Software Knowledge & Vendor management
- Microsoft Office – Word, Excel and Outlook
- 5 years of Facilities Operation experience.
- 3 years of Maintenance Supervisory experience.
- Building automation systems experience preferred but not required.
- Strong knowledge of HVAC, electrical, and plumbing systems in multi-family housing and mid to large size facility operations.
Education and Certifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Current Driver's License
- CFC Universal Certification required
- $60,000 – 75,000 annual with bonus potential related to overall project appearance and maintenance.
- Health, Dental, Life/AD&D, and Supplemental Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401K with company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Vacation Leave
- Sick Leave
- Personal Days
Lerner Corporation is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected class, in accordance with applicable law.