Phoenix Packaging Operations, LLC (PPO) is a Packaging and Containers company located in Dublin, VA and Phoenix, AZ in the United States. PPO is a subsidiary of Grupo Phoenix. Grupo Phoenix is one of the most important packaging companies in the Americas.
Our products target the commercial food packaging, food service and disposable consumer products industries. Our manufacturing locations total eleven production plants: two in Colombia, one in Mexico, five in Venezuela, one in Ecuador and two in the United States.
We have been leaders in Latin America for over 20 years; our award winning packaging innovations and leading brands have fueled our growth and expansion from our original territories to more than 20 different countries including the United States.
Grupo Phoenix is deeply committed to the community, its people, its workforce and the countries where it has presence through each one of its companies, focusing on growth, innovation and sustainability.
The Operator is responsible for the set up and operation of the machinery designated to shape and form plastic products.
1. Ensure safe, legal and quality products through assessment, inspections and verifications of processes at all stages of manufacturing.
2. Adjust machine components to regulate speed, pressure and temperatures and amounts dimensions and flow of materials or ingredients.
3. Perform quality checks according to established procedures and ensure all standards are being met. Examine measure and weigh materials or product to verify conformance to standards using measuring devices such as templates, micrometers or scales.
4. Monitor machine operations and observe light and gauges in order to detect malfunctions.
5. Verify that parameters set on the machine are correct for each specific product and material, adjusting when corrections during production runs are necessary.
6. Adjust controls to regulate machine functions.
7. Select and install machine components such as Anilox rolls, pressure rolls, blades, according to specifications.
8. Review work orders, specifications and instructions to determine materials, ingredients, procedures, components, settings and adjustments.
9. Select and install machine components such as dies, molds and cutters, according to specifications using hand tools and measuring devices.
10. Record and maintain data related to downtime, including amount of time, reason for downtime and actions to correct the problem.
11. Keep all waste and scrap levels within company guidelines.
12. Record and maintain production data such as meter readings, quantities, types, and dimensions of materials produced.
13. Assist inspection packers with packing material, inspecting product and troubleshooting when necessary.
14. Notify supervisors when produced materials fail to meet standards.
15. Keep work area clean, organized and free of debris to maintain a safe facility.
16. Follow all HACCP and good manufacturing practices (GMP’s)
17. Follows environmental and safety regulations and acts in compliance with US laws
18. Perform other related duties that contribute to the success of the operation as assigned by supervisor.
1. Keep and maintain a safe and clean work environment.
2. Maintain a positive attitude at all times.
3. Follow all Safety rules
4. Ensure maximum output of machines.
5. Assist to training coordinated by the company where participation is needed
6. Report any work related incident
7. Work independently in a fast paced environment.
8. Must maintain an attitude of safety awareness and responsibly.
9. Give ideas about process improvement.