Since our founding in 1952 as a family-owned company, Lerner has grown to become not only a leader in Washington DC real estate, but also an organization that is deeply embedded in the community fabric of the Nation’s Capital.
As an integral part of the Lerner Residential team, the Leasing Consultant performs exemplary customer service activities at our communities. The incumbent is a sales professional who is able to identify and address the needs of potential residents and close the sale. The position does not have supervisory rights, and works under the direct supervision of the Property Manager.
- Greet prospective residents professionally and build a rapport with them
- Answer inquiries from prospective residents; use standard sales and marketing techniques to encourage a visit to the community. Ensure prospect data is entered timely in our database to comply with Fair Housing laws
- Complete prospect follow-up in accordance with Lerner Residential follow-up expectations and record such activities in property management system for compliance with Fair Housing laws
- Meet with prospective residents and check the availability of units that best fit their desires and budget; present apartments and the overall community to prospective residents; explain other amenities of living at the community; use standard sales closing methods to sell the prospective resident on available units
- Assist assigned communities in gathering information from prospective residents after they have indicated a desire to move to the property
- Assist assigned communities with completing market surveys and to include gathering current occupancy, rental rates and concessions
- Assist with marketing efforts to promote the properties
- Maintain a positive and professional customer service attitude
- Attend training seminars for leasing consultants to improve marketing and sales techniques
Excellent attendance is required to perform the essential functions of this position. *Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job, as described above.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and ability to learn specialized software
- Excellent customer service skills
- Outstanding sales and marketing skills
- Strong time management, attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to work a varied schedule, including weekends and some holidays as required
- Ability to learn and comply with industry legal requirements
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-entity environment
- Ability to multi-task and follow through
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to respond to others’ needs in a timely and courteous manner
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Basic personal computer skills
- Undergraduate Degree
- Experience working in a leasing office
- Experience with social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Yelp, etc.
- Experience with Entrata
Company Conformance Statements
In performing their respective duties, all employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Perform quality work within deadlines
- Interact professionally with other employees, management, residents, vendors and others
- Maintain a neat, clean and professional appearance
- Work independently while understanding the need for communicating and coordinating work efforts
This job operates in a professional office environment with occasional work in an outdoor environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. There is exposure to all types of weather conditions when showing community to prospects.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some walking, stooping, bending, and crouching in the process of touring properties and pointing out unit details to prospects.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for the successful performance of this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Health, Dental, Life/AD&D, and Supplemental Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401K with company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Vacation Leave
- Sick Leave
- Personal Days
Lerner Corporation is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected class, in accordance with applicable law.