We are currently seeking a Landscape Maintenance Supervisor to join our team.
Position is responsible for supervising all of their assigned crew members during daily production. Coordinates with the Production Manager to ensure the use of labor, equipment, and materials is maximized and completion of work is within budget, safety guidelines, and quality standards. Promotes the growth and development of field staff and assists them in carrying out their responsibilities as needed. Offers support and services to other divisions in the company as needed.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Manages labor, equipment, and materials to accomplish production schedules within established budgets. Maintains strict adherence to established schedules and budgets.
- Consults with Production Manager and/or Account Manager to understand contract specifications and ensures they are met while maintaining the customers complete satisfaction.
- Provide instruction to ensure the crew is prepared to complete the job.
- Ensures all work is completed in adherence to safety policies and guidelines.
- Works with Production/Safety Manager to define and implement solutions to reoccurring accidents or most common hazards.
- Maintains proper inventory of assigned materials, equipment and other supplies are on hand to complete mowing production activities.
- Supervises employees, records employee time entry, enforces proper uniform and safety equipment use.
- Provides input on hiring, firing and disciplinary issues. Primary role in training, coaching, mentoring and developing staff to reach potential and established goals for the individual and mowing department. Identify and develop Crew Leaders.
- Provides input in analyzing and forecasting future needs of staff and material needs to complete future jobs.
- Responsible for the overall quality assurance/quality control of mowing services, including turf health and aesthetics, provided to all properties.
- Participate in actual field production work as needed. Perform mowing services and oversee mowing practices.
- Maintain a high level of good housekeeping and care of company assets in the field, vehicles, shop, field offices and customer work-sites.
- Consistently aware of best practices. Develop and recommend improved work methods and standards.
- Ensures appropriate security for all tools, equipment and materials. Items not in use are to be locked-up and/or in a secure location. Ensures all items are accounted for at the beginning and end of each day.
- Maintains neat and organized housekeeping standards on the job, truck bed, truck cab, trailer and any other areas of company property.
- Conducts pre-trip inspections on vehicle and ensures equipment is in working order prior to leaving the lot. Communicates any vehicle or equipment problems to supervisor or the fleet manager.
- Drives company vehicle and transports crew (if needed) and equipment to and from job site.
- Plowing snow during the winter months will be necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Attendance Requirements are 40 hours per week, weather permitting.
- Must be able to read and write.
- Must be able to speak and understand both English and Spanish.
- Must have current driver’s license and good driving record.
- Ability to drive a truck with trailer and have competent back up/parking skills.
- Must have good leadership skills, the ability to inspire top performance and build effective work teams.
- Must be a self-starter and demonstrate initiative.
- Must be results and action oriented
- Must have good organizational skills and time management skills
- Ability to organize and multi-task activities
- Ability to delegate and follow-up
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Must be profit driven – seek ways to cut costs and improve efficiency
- Must have effective problem solving skills, ability to handle adversity
- Performs and demands excellent quality in work
- Must be service and teamwork oriented
- Customer centered and focused
- Must be able to focus on learning and self-development
- Must be Technically competent and skilled
- Due to the inherently dangerous nature of the industry and the requirements to work with or around hazardous equipment, employees must be able to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to wear PPE as necessary.
- Must be able to enter and exit a vehicle numerous times a day.
- Must be able to withstand exposure to all kinds of weather while completing work assignments, i.e., rain, heat, sun, cold.
- Must be able to traverse various terrains.
- Must be able to write, read and comprehend written and verbal job instructions/information.
- Must be able to communicate with others.
- Must be able to maintain attention during dangerous tasks.
- Must be able to lift, move and maneuver up to 50 pounds on an infrequent basis, and up to 10 pounds on a frequent basis.
- Must have endurance necessary to perform these duties throughout a standard eight or ten hour day. Must be able to work long hours and overtime during emergencies (including holidays, weekends, etc. Subject to snow removal.)
- Must have knowledge of heavy equipment.
- Must have sufficient eyesight to judge distances and coordination to get and use the appropriate equipment and tools.
- Must be able to operate and service all required tools and equipment.
- Must have transportation to and from the show up location.
- Must be able to pass a post-offer drug screen.
- Must be able to pass a post-offer background check and Motor Vehicle Records Check (MVR).
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
Rarely = less than 10%
Occasionally = up to 33%
Frequently = up to 66%
Continuously = 67% to 100%
Range of Motion
Hearing – Speech Range
Sense of Touch
Climbing On/Off Truck
Lifting Up to 10 lbs.
Lifting Over 10 lbs. to 50 lbs.
Lifting Up to 50 lbs.
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without a reasonable accommodation. Individuals with a disability who desire a reasonable accommodation should contact the ADA Coordinator at 1-800-248-8733, ext. 1339.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.