Adams Construction Company is one of the oldest asphalt paving firms in Virginia. Since 1946, Adams has participated in the construction of every interstate throughout Virginia and most of the primary highways. Throughout the Company’s growth in Virginia and into North Carolina, it has strived to maintain a family culture in a corporate world.
Under general supervision of a road crew or plant superintendent, performs a variety of manual or semiskilled tasks related to road building and maintenance of road building equipment and facilities.
DUTIES \ RESPONSIBILITES:
- Cleans, greases and assists in maintaining equipment;
- Spreads asphalt and or stone materials by hand shovel, skid loader, lutes and or other means where necessary;
- Guides and directs dump trucks while backing;
- Receives and accumulates delivery tickets;
- Flags traffic and assists in traffic control to enhance and promote a safe work zone.
- The ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull, or carry objects
- The ability to use one's abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time without "giving out" or fatiguing
- The ability to coordinate movements of two or more limbs together (for example, two arms, two legs, or one leg and one arm) while sitting, standing, or lying down. It does not involve performing the activities while the body is in motion
- The ability to quickly make coordinated movements of one hand, a hand together with its arm, or two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects
- The ability to use short bursts of muscle force to propel oneself (as in jumping or sprinting), or to throw an object
- The ability to quickly move the arms or legs
- The ability to exert one's self physically over long periods of time without getting winded or out of breath
- Able to understand and carry out verbal and or written directions paying attention to detail
- Ability to lift and carry heavy loads of 40 to 50 pounds or more on a day to day basis;
- High School diploma/GED.
- Reliable transportation
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- And More
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Employees will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their supervisors, unless otherwise restricted