Journeyman Electrician - Virginia
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Norfolk, Virginia
InPwr Inc. is growing and looking for a motivated Journeyman Electrician to join our team for our growing project’s needs. We offer a sign-on bonus and above market pay for our many fast paced commercial, government, and industrial projects.
Our comprehensive compensation package includes medical benefits, paid holidays and vacation, education reimbursement, 401K, and a 30-day sabbatical experience after five years of employment. InPwr Inc. is an employer-of-choice, and our strong culture empowers our team members to achieve personal and professional growth throughout their careers, while enriching the clients and communities we serve.
InPwr Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants must pass pre-employment screening, to include a background check and 10-panel drug testing, prior to employment. Candidates must be detail-oriented, highly motivational, and meet the requirements below.
Day-to-day tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
- Certified Electrician within the State of Virginia.
- Strong knowledge of Virginia Electric Code and National Electric Code.
- Ability to read plan sets and perform take off for ordering materials.
- Experience using wire/cable tugger, hydraulic bender, conduit threading machine and exothermic welding devices.
- Ability to lead a team of electrician/apprentices.
- Commercial electrical experience.
- Preferred experience with leading authority having jurisdictions through inspections.
- Review project plans, specifications, and installation instructions to ensure that the project is built according to the approved design.
- In field work including leading crew members to complete projects within established policies and procedures.
- Ensure all workers and operators are always working in a safe manner.
- Current driver’s license and own reliable transportation
- Virginia State Certified Electrician (Journeyman level)
- High school graduate, G.E.D., or equivalent training.
- Flexibility working at different locations and shifts.
- Must be reliable, punctual, productive at accomplishing all daily tasks, and mechanically inclined.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a team setting.
- Demonstrate commitment to all safety and associated training.
- Ability to adapt and comply with company and client requirements.
- Ability to work with and interact with other disciplines.
- Confident and resourceful to work on own initiative, and desire to learn and develop within role.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Must be able and willing to travel, at the company’s expense.
- Job requires working in all elements, depending on job location, time of year, heat, cold, rain and snow.
- Job requires employee to have required personal tools with them at all times.
- Perform work at various heights up to 50’, working from ladders, bucket trucks, scaffolding, catwalks, aerial lifts or other safe working platforms.
- Work in restricted areas like trenches or switchgear rooms and infrequently like manholes, utility tunnels, crawl spaces, attic spaces, etc.
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE), including hard hat and safety glasses at all times. Each job site may be different and must be accessed individually.
- Repetitive use of legs, arms, hands, and fingers.
- Able to work 8-hours/day, 40-hours/week; overtime and night shifts as required.
- Must be able to bend, squat, crawl, climb, kneel, balance, push, pull, and reach overhead.
- Lift 51 pounds.
- Constantly moving on your feet all day.
- Climb ladders of all types.
- Complete overhead work for full day’s assignments.
- Possess good vision (natural or corrected)
- Responsible for securing tools and material from vendors and storage areas to complete their assigned tasks.
InPwr Inc. is an award-winning electrical design-build firm, headquartered in Indianapolis, IN, with a regional office in Denver, CO. We believe in building it better, focus on complex opportunities, and take electrical design to the next level, with licenses in over forty states and projects across the nation.