Established in 2001, The Tauri Group is a professional services firm known for our analytic rigor, practical solutions, and trusted advice in the areas of CBRN threat mitigation, defense science and technology, homeland security, and adjacent domains. We offer the financial stability and breadth of capability of a large company coupled with the corporate commitment and attention of a small firm. Our subject matter expertise, determination, agility, and commitment to active and ongoing client and stakeholder engagement enable us to solve tough problems and deliver results-oriented solutions that help our customers achieve mission success. We tackle our clients’ most challenging problems by combining analytical rigor with world-class expertise and relevant operational experience. At The Tauri Group, we do what’s right for the Program, the Mission, and the Nation.
We are seeking a Staff Logisitican to support the Joint Project Manager Protection (JPMP).
Candidates must have a current SECRET clearance.
Education and Certifications Required
- DAU Level III certification in Life Cycle Logistics is desired.
Performance Based Tasks Required
- Use and apply total life cycle management, as well as inform the requirements process by identifying logistics capability gaps, requirements generation, acquisition, fielding, sustainment, and disposal of materiel solutions.
- Use and apply Department of Defense Instruction (DoDI) 5000 acquisition processes, relating it to products, production, and sustainment.
- Lead efforts to ensure that logistics requirements (e.g., ease of use, maintainability, sustainability, logistics footprint, operator’s point of view, etc.) have been incorporated into the fabrication and integration of systems.
- Serve as an adviser for materiel solutions project management techniques and best practices.
- Conduct queries and reports on program assets to ensure program combat readiness meets Government-defined needs.
- Coordinate with the sources of supply to ensure on-hand and planned inventories are adequate to support Government programs.
- Design and implement systems to collect, maintain, and analyze data.
- Generate progress reports and other logistics tracking information related to programs within the portfolio.
- Work with program logisticians to identify risks and issues; research appropriate Department of Defense (DoD) logistics guidance, regulations, statutes, or best business practices; and develop alternative courses of action to address those risks and issues.
- Provide recommendations for logistical issues to leadership.
- Develop and implement logistics concepts, strategies, and plans.
- Assist in the development of new or improved logistics methods and assist in the preparation of strategy papers and/or presentations.
- Support and assist in developing and refining new logistics requirements, procedures, and guidelines as needed.
- Serve as an organizational Point of Contact (POC) to outside organizations.
- Assist in milestone planning by providing logistics input to technical briefing materials, documentation, and program schedules.
- Draft, review, staff, and provide comment to logistics-related documentation.
- Assist in the development of acquisition documentation and briefing materials.
- Coordinate and attend logistical meetings, program reviews, conferences, and briefings. In addition, the contractor shall provide input to prepared presentation materials and displays, and develop meeting minutes after each event.
- Logistics conversant on Multi-Service IPTs, Tiger Teams, and Working Groups.
- Attend program-level logistics IPT meetings to maintain awareness of program issues and to develop a greater understanding of the program(s).
- Track the status of action items, program milestones, and monthly sustainment reports.
- Assist with submissions of official logistics taskers.
- Maintain a library of program-specific electronic files and logistics reference materials for program files.
This position is contingent upon contract award
At The Tauri Group, you'll collaborate with an elite, creative team of scientists, engineers, analysts, operations specialists, policy experts, and acquisition support specialists. We attract people who love their work and are dedicated to the complex challenges facing today's world. Our culture fosters engagement and enthusiasm, attracts and retains proven experts, and maintains a flexible environment that supports clients and staff. From our easily accessible offices in Alexandria, Virginia to our comprehensive benefits package, every aspect of our operations is designed to bring us the best in the field.
Financially, The Tauri Group is a smart choice, offering:
- Highly competitive salaries
- 401(k), including competitive matching and 100 % vesting after only one year
- Business development and referral bonuses
We support your life outside of the office, too, with benefits including:
- Highly competitive medical insurance and multiple plans to choose from
- Dental and vision insurance plans
- Tuition assistance
- Professional development opportunities
- Eight paid hours a year that you can devote to charity
- Flexible work schedules